1. Can I Attend H-1B Visa Interview With Employer A When H-1 Transfer to Employer B Is In Process?
I am currently working as sub contractor with employer A and employer B has filed my h1 transfer I got RFE for this and employer B is working on resolving the RFE. Can I go to visa interview with my current employer while my H1 decision is still pending? Or if gets approved or rejected will it impact my visa interview?
Mr. Lee answers:
This situation could present problems and so is not recommended. A consular officer upon your notice that you actually wish to work for employer number two would likely tell you that you should wait until the H-1B for the second employer is approved before requesting the H-1B visa to be put in the passport. On the other hand, if you do not inform the consular officer of your plans and are given the visa and do not work for the first employer when you return to the States, you could be subject to a later charge of misrepresentation. You may wish to have a resolution one way or another before leaving the US for a visa interview. Premium processing is expected to return in February 2019 with U.S.C.I.S. for the fee of $1,410 under which the agency promises to reach your case for adjudication within 15 days or give you back the fee.
2. Will I Be Issued a Visa After DNA Results Are Positive?
Mr. Lee answers:
Whether you are issued a visa after DNA results are positive depends upon whether there are other inadmissibility bars to your immigrating to the US. I assume that this is a family based case as DNA results would otherwise not be relevant. Another question is whether the DNA test was requested by the US Consulate or Embassy or USCIS or whether you and your related party took an independent test. In the latter case, the result may not be given full validity by a consular officer.
3. Out of Student Status
I came to the US on a F1 student visa. During my time in the University I have dropped two semesters (at the end of the semester) after I found out that I would not make a GPA that will allow me to continue in the University. I was not aware that I could not do that. And on the third semester I was flagged and an advisor told me that I couldn’t do that. Once I met with an officer he told me to get a letter from my advisor stating that I am enrolled and I took classes each semester and I will be fine. I got the letter and for the next interview I gave it to a different officer which told me that it is useless now because I am in the removal process and I should wait until I heard back from them about a court date. I have been waiting for almost two years now and I did not get a court date. My question are : What are my chances of getting my status fixed? Do I have a high chance of getting deported? And what I could do to prepare for the hearing.
Mr. Lee answers:
It is highly unusual that an individual would be in removal proceedings and not receive a notice to appear (NTA) within almost 2 years. It is entirely possible that U.S.C.I.S. has not moved in that direction. If you moved, it is also possible that you never received an NTA because of that. It does not appear from your question that you are still in school or in status if you are still in school, and if that is so, I would assume that you have been out of status for at least five months, the top limit for asking for student reinstatement. You appear to not be aware of your present status which would be essential for determining what are your options. You may decide to do an infopass with the local field office of U.S.C.I.S. to ascertain your status. You may also alternatively request a copy of all your information from U.S.C.I.S. under the Freedom of Information Act.