During this period of health crisis, we will encourage all clients to make telephonic rather than in person appointments with our office unless otherwise directed. Thank you for your understanding.
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: REPEATEDLY CALLING IT A CHINESE VIRUS IS RACIST AND A DEFLECTION OF BLAME (3/19/2020)
- Article: Is Mr. Trump an Unstoppable Freight Train? (2/20/2020)
- Article: Coronavirus China Travel Ban Reveals Prejudice Against Parents And Six Nation Ban Hodgepodge Thinking (2/5/2020)
- Article: Watch Out For The Public Charge Rule! (1/23/2020)
- Article: Intersection Of The RELIEF Act And FAIRNESS FOR HIGH SKILLED IMMIGRANTS ACT OF 2019 (1/3/2020)
- Article: S.2603, The Relief Act, In The Season Of Hope; Two Proposed Regulations Likely To Become Law; December Visa Chart Movement And Prognostication; Stockwell Lives (12/4/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on March 20, 2020 1. My H-1 to H-4 Conversion Denied 2. Can my cousin wait for her residence here if her stepdad is filling for her? Is her visa still be available during this process? 3. Was given a citation for shoplifting, case was dismissed. Does it affect applying for citizenship? (3/20/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on March 1, 2020 1. What are the new H-1B procedures for this year? 2. How can I stay in US when my H-1B employer will be firing me? 3. J-1 exchange visitor – am I subject to two-year home residence requirement even though my paperwork says that I am not? 4. Do I do change of status to F-1 or go outside US and interview for F-1 visa at US consulate? (3/1/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on February 23, 2020 1. H-1B petition was just denied – do I have any options other than to leave? 2. Permanent resident sponsoring new spouse. 3. Desperate to help out my husband who is illegal and has an order of deportation. 4. Having problems with wife who is sponsoring my daughter, her stepdaughter – is there any effect on the application? 5. Can my daughter emigrate with me to the States now that she is 25 years of age? (2/28/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on February 7, 2020 1. I came back in with my California ID. How can I now apply for my green card? Do I have to return home? 2. H-1B Extension filed on 1 day before I-94 expiry date. When should I apply for change of status from H1 to H4 to avoid out of status? 3. My husband had a misdemeanor for theft under $50 which has been dismissed. Will that affect his application to become a citizen? (2/10/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on January 31, 2020 1. Selective Services 2. What’s the Definition of Good Moral Character on Citizenship Application? 3. How can I calculate a household size when I used to be a K-1 visa holder? (1/31/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on January 26, 2020 1. How Can I Get My OPT Expedited? 2. F-1 Visa Overstay for Three years. How Can I Fix My Status? 3. Domestic Violence Situation and I Am Applying for the Green Card. Will I Have A Problem at the Interview? 4. Getting Married to a Foreigner Who Is Here On a Visa Waiver. (1/26/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 27, 2019 1. Renewing My Green Card That Has Been Expired for 2 Years. 2. What Does It Mean When My Immigration Application or Petition Is On Hold? 3. How Can I Fix My Boyfriend Papers? (12/27/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 20, 2019 1. Can Immigration Officers Take an Adult Away With a Minor Being Present in a Vehicle? 2. U Non-immigration Status on An Incident That Happened 2 Years Back? 3. How Can I Apply Foreign Country’s Police Clearance? (12/20/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 13, 2019 1. My wife Has a Permanent Resident Card But She got Detained in Crossing Back to the United States. 2. Someone Makes More Than $30,000 a Year and The Household Size Is 2. Is This Person Above the 125% of The Poverty Guideline? 3. During Claiming Asylum Process I Can’t Get My Uni Papers in Saudi Arabia. It Requires My Father’s Agreement. Will USA Be Able to Get Me the Papers I Need? (12/13/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on December 8, 2019 1. Just Got Denied on My H-1B That We Filed in April – What To Do Now? 2. Got Green Card Through Marriage, Tried to Get Three-year Naturalization While I-751 Pending, And Now Both Are Denied – What To Do? 3. Granddad in Taiwan Two Months And Got Call for Naturalization Interview, But Has Been on Medicaid – Problem With Entry At Airport or Naturalization Interview? (12/8/2019)