USCIS will accept electronic registration by U.S. employers for their potential H-1B employees for 2020 from 3/1/2020 to 3/20/2020. For questions or assistance with electronic registration and/or H-1B petitions, please contact us.
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: Is Mr. Trump an Unstoppable Freight Train? (2/20/2020)
- Article: Coronavirus China Travel Ban Reveals Prejudice Against Parents And Six Nation Ban Hodgepodge Thinking (2/5/2020)
- Article: Watch Out For The Public Charge Rule! (1/23/2020)
- Article: Intersection Of The RELIEF Act And FAIRNESS FOR HIGH SKILLED IMMIGRANTS ACT OF 2019 (1/3/2020)
- Article: S.2603, The Relief Act, In The Season Of Hope; Two Proposed Regulations Likely To Become Law; December Visa Chart Movement And Prognostication; Stockwell Lives (12/4/2019)
- Article: WHERE DO WE STAND TODAY AFTER 3 COURTS PUT A TEMPORARY HALT ON THE PUBLIC CHARGE RULE? (10/16/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on February 7, 2020 1. I came back in with my California ID. How can I now apply for my green card? Do I have to return home? 2. H-1B Extension filed on 1 day before I-94 expiry date. When should I apply for change of status from H1 to H4 to avoid out of status? 3. My husband had a misdemeanor for theft under $50 which has been dismissed. Will that affect his application to become a citizen? (2/10/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on January 31, 2020 1. Selective Services 2. What’s the Definition of Good Moral Character on Citizenship Application? 3. How can I calculate a household size when I used to be a K-1 visa holder? (1/31/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on January 26, 2020 1. How Can I Get My OPT Expedited? 2. F-1 Visa Overstay for Three years. How Can I Fix My Status? 3. Domestic Violence Situation and I Am Applying for the Green Card. Will I Have A Problem at the Interview? 4. Getting Married to a Foreigner Who Is Here On a Visa Waiver. (1/26/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 27, 2019 1. Renewing My Green Card That Has Been Expired for 2 Years. 2. What Does It Mean When My Immigration Application or Petition Is On Hold? 3. How Can I Fix My Boyfriend Papers? (12/27/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 20, 2019 1. Can Immigration Officers Take an Adult Away With a Minor Being Present in a Vehicle? 2. U Non-immigration Status on An Incident That Happened 2 Years Back? 3. How Can I Apply Foreign Country’s Police Clearance? (12/20/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 13, 2019 1. My wife Has a Permanent Resident Card But She got Detained in Crossing Back to the United States. 2. Someone Makes More Than $30,000 a Year and The Household Size Is 2. Is This Person Above the 125% of The Poverty Guideline? 3. During Claiming Asylum Process I Can’t Get My Uni Papers in Saudi Arabia. It Requires My Father’s Agreement. Will USA Be Able to Get Me the Papers I Need? (12/13/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on December 8, 2019 1. Just Got Denied on My H-1B That We Filed in April – What To Do Now? 2. Got Green Card Through Marriage, Tried to Get Three-year Naturalization While I-751 Pending, And Now Both Are Denied – What To Do? 3. Granddad in Taiwan Two Months And Got Call for Naturalization Interview, But Has Been on Medicaid – Problem With Entry At Airport or Naturalization Interview? (12/8/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 6, 2019 1. Does Sponsoring an Undocumented Employee Increase My Risk of Prosecution for Hiring Undocumented alien? 2. I Was Refused Entry Into U.S. with INA section 217, For An Overstay Which I Wasn’t Aware Of. 3. Do I Have to Submit All 5 Years Bank Statements for My Naturalization? (12/6/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on November 29, 2019 1. Can I Ask An Asylum in New York Airport? 2. My Partner is On DACA and The Status Expires August of Next Year. We Were Wondering If Marriage Would Protect Him If And When DACA Expires. 3. If Someone Is In U.S. On Expired Visa, Is There Something They Need To Do Before Going Home (11/29/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on November 22, 2019 1. What Evidence Do I Need to Prove That a Person Didn’t Have to File His Taxes Because He Wasn’t Working? 2. Initiating H-1B Transfer After Entering the Country 3. Applying For a Re-entry After Deportation (11/22/2019)