During this period of health crisis, we will encourage all clients to make telephonic rather than in person appointments with our office unless otherwise directed. Thank you for your understanding.
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; DACA; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status online with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee & Arthur Lee, Attorneys at Law!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: “IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – NEW H-1B CAP SEASON RAMPING UP; DROPBOX USE EXPANDED FOR US VISAS OVERSEAS; F, M and J VISA APPLICATIONS MADE EASIER; MFL TERMINATION LETTERS AND NVC NEED FOR QUALITY CONTROL; FLEXIBILITY EXTENDED FOR TIME TO RESPOND TO USCIS ACTIONS; VISA PROBLEMS WHERE APPLICANTS LEAVE US BEFORE DECISIONS ON EXTENSION/CHANGE OF STATUS REQUESTS.” (1/19/2022)
- Article: “IS THERE A PLAN D? IF NOT, CAN OR WILL DEMOCRATS IGNORE THE PARLIAMENTARIAN TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION RELIEF FOR MILLIONS?” (12/22/2021)
- Article: “IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE: USCIS DOES THIRD ROUND OF H-1B PICKS FOR FIRST TIME; FILING ADDRESSES EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO PAY ATTENTION TO; EAD CHANGES FOR H-4, L AND E DEPENDENTS; DECEMBER VISA CHART HOLDS A FEW BRIGHT SPOTS; NEW YORK DISTRICT OFFICE/CONTACT CENTER MEETING POINTS.” (11/23/2021)
- Article: “IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – NATURALIZATION PRACTICE AND PROCEDURE; THE NOVEMBER RETROGRESSIVE VISA CHART; H-1B BY HIGHEST SALARY STILL BEING ADVOCATED BY BIDEN ADMINISTRATION; BAN ON TRAVEL FROM CANADA AND MEXICO ENDING IN STAGES; NEW YORK STATE AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EFFORTS TO PROTECT IMMIGRANTS.” (10/19/2021)
- Article: “IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – OCTOBER “SURPRISE” IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION AS DOS FAILS TO PARTNER WITH USCIS; PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION BEGINNING OCTOBER 1 APPEARS ONLY PROSPECTIVE; $3.5 TRILLION RECONCILIATION PACKAGE HAS HOPE FOR MANY UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS; MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST H-1B PROPOSED NATIONWIDE CLASS-ACTION SUIT SETTLEMENT; REPORTING TO ICE ERO TO BECOME SIMPLER.” (9/16/2021)
- Article: “New Texas Preliminary Injunction Against Prosecutorial Discretion Focused on Detention Only; Visa Chart Largely Humdrum for September Except for Indians – Will There Be an October Surprise? H-1b Restrictions Continuing under Biden Administration; Multiple Reports on Dearth of F-1 Visa Interest Around the World; Congressional Research Service Report Shows in Absentia Rate for Hearings Only 17%.” (8/25/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on January 2&9, 2022 1. Can I do part-time work like paid expert consulting (outside my employer) with an EAD+AP card related to my I-485 EB1-B green card application? 2. Stay and work on H1B while Max out nearing 3. Can I move to the US while I wait for my green card? 4. I am currently on h1 b visa and I’m married to US citizen I would like to resign my job due to personal reasons and I have not started the process for adjustment of status. (1/9/2022)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on December 5, 2021 1. Can I change from F-1 student to B-2 tourist and how long would it take to process? 2. While pending parents I-130 in US. Can they travel out of US? (12/5/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on November 21, 2021 1. Husband is waiting for visa interview on my petition I’ve cosponsor. Last year I was unemployed. What is the minimum value of income for tax return? (11/21/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on October 3, 2021 1. How to change a student visa to a tourist visa? 2. Can a mistake in form N-400 be fix in the interview? 3. What do I need to do to change my J-1 Au Pair Visa to marriage visa? 4. Can and should I apply for adjustment of status with an approved I-526 awaiting a consular interview while being in USA on a b1/b2 visa? (10/3/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on September 5, 2021 1. Can an immigrant be household member if main source of income is abroad? 2. How long after getting married I can file immigrant paper for my spouse? 3. Fiancé Visa or Marriage Visa 4. Nationality changes in I-130 5. Do I have to pay international student (F1 visa) tuition for a four year university if my i-485 is approved (Adjustment of Status) (9/8/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on August 15, 2021 1. Can I apply for a work permit in USA while on a Visa Waiver Program? 2. Can I file I 485 while I-130 is pending? 3. Can I enter from Canada using B visa as my H-4 stamping is delayed in Canada? 4. Change of status from H-1B to B1 and after approval of I-140 change back to approved H-1B? 5. A Green card holder wants to apply F-2B for son – currently an international student. How long will it take for his green card? (8/15/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on July 25, 2021 1. Can My Dad Come Back to the US? 2. H1-B 6-years Tenure 3. Should a Receipt # be Generated or Is It Enough If the Petition is Filed Within the 60 Days Window to be Considered in Status. 4. I am With a Pending Asylum Case. I Want to Withdraw Asylum and Go Back to My Country. 5. Can I Stay More Than 1 Year if My B2 Visa Extension Application (I-539) is Still In Review? (7/25/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on June 6, 2021 1. Can I get an F-2 visa while my husband’s green card application is pending? 2. Do I need visa while my husband’s green card application is pending? 3. If a person already deported get the case vacated what are the chances for coming back and how long will the process takes 4. If I do consulting work (less than 10 hours per week) for foreign organizations while doing my PhD in the US on a F-1 visa does that violate any rules? 5. No name given on green card 6. If I get a learner permit, will it affect my N400 application process? (6/6/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 30, 2021 1. Filed a Form I-539 and the 240 days are almost up and no answer from USCIS? What to do now? 2. H-4 Visa Holder Will Age Out Soon 3. Renew Work Authorization While in Removal Proceedings (5/30/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 9, 2021 1. I want to bring my minor sibling along with my parents. 2. I filed an I-130 for my daughter of above 21 of age. She is in the U.S. with a tourist visa. Can I go ahead to file work authorization and change of status for her? 3. Can I cancel form I-130? 4. Petition for my father after 10th year outside of USA, he stayed 14 years in the United States as an illegal 5. Can I apply for a student visa with a pending I-130? (5/11/2021)