During this period of health crisis, we will encourage all clients to make telephonic rather than in person appointments with our office unless otherwise directed. Thank you for your understanding.
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; DACA; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status online with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee & Arthur Lee, Attorneys at Law!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: “IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – NEW STUDENTS FROM CHINA TO BE ADMITTED AND GUIDANCE FOR DISTANCE LEARNING, EOIR RE-OPENINGS, H-1B REGISTRATIONS FOR 2021 AN ALL-TIME HIGH, SSA NO MATCH LETTERS NIXED”, ENTREPRENEUR PAROLE PROGRAM RETURNS, EXPANDED BIOMETRIC RULE NIXED, BIDEN BACKUP PLAN FOR LEGALIZATION, TIPS IN DEALING WITH THE NVC” (6/1/2021)
- News: “Our law firm gains remand of 1-212 prelude to I-601A as USCIS appellate body (AAO) examines in detail evidence given in application and appeal and decides that certain points relied upon in initial USCIS denial are not relevant.” (5/22/2021)
- Article: “IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – CHANGE IN CASE FLOW PROCESSING BEFORE THE IMMIGRATION COURTS; SWORN STATEMENT SAMPLE WITHOUT NOTARY IN THE TIME OF PANDEMIC; KEEPING F-2B CATEGORIZATION WHEN PETITIONER NATURALIZES; H-1B COMPUTER CASE TREATMENT THIS YEAR.” (4/27/2021)
- Article: “IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – PUBLIC CHARGE, VENEZUELA/BURMA TPS, AND INTERPRETERS” (3/31/2021)
- Article: “BIDEN PLAN FOR UNDOCUMENTED AND THOSE WITH REMOVAL ORDERS IS GENEROUS” (2/23/2021)
- Article: “WHAT IS THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION PLAN FOR H-1B SEASON?” (1/25/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on June 6, 2021 1. Can I get an F-2 visa while my husband’s green card application is pending? 2. Do I need visa while my husband’s green card application is pending? 3. If a person already deported get the case vacated what are the chances for coming back and how long will the process takes 4. If I do consulting work (less than 10 hours per week) for foreign organizations while doing my PhD in the US on a F-1 visa does that violate any rules? 5. No name given on green card 6. If I get a learner permit, will it affect my N400 application process? (6/6/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 30, 2021 1. Filed a Form I-539 and the 240 days are almost up and no answer from USCIS? What to do now? 2. H-4 Visa Holder Will Age Out Soon 3. Renew Work Authorization While in Removal Proceedings (5/30/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 9, 2021 1. I want to bring my minor sibling along with my parents. 2. I filed an I-130 for my daughter of above 21 of age. She is in the U.S. with a tourist visa. Can I go ahead to file work authorization and change of status for her? 3. Can I cancel form I-130? 4. Petition for my father after 10th year outside of USA, he stayed 14 years in the United States as an illegal 5. Can I apply for a student visa with a pending I-130? (5/11/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on April 25, 2021 1. I applied for my brother immigration visa that takes 10 years to approve 2. Permanent Immigration 3. My husband filedI-130 for me and he got my names wrong. Would that affect our processing time? 4. Can my employer apply for H-1B visa and green card at the same time? 5. Is parent eligible to apply for SSN and thereby insurance? (4/25/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on March 21, 2021 1. Expired I-94 for Son on L-2 2. Mom Had Tried to Pass the Border Many Times & Was Caught Using Someone Else Name and Sent Back. Can She be Forgiven? 3. Filing for Green Card for My Parents and Brother 4. Husband Leaves the Sponsoring Company, What Will Happen to My Pending Status F-2? (3/21/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on February 28, 2021 1. I filed I-539 extension for B2 visa on time, but so far I had only the 13 digits receipt. Should I leave? 2. My Son (Visa Waiver) in the US, (not married, 33 years old) , I am Permanent Resident Card holder Mom, may I process the I-130 and I-485 together? He is overstayed. 3. Reduced misdemeanor charge speeding 4. I applied I-130 form for my sister. Can she apply the form I-485 also? 5. My husband owes child support. Will it affect my immigration petition? (2/28/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on January 17, 2021 1. My H-1 change of status got approved and I have a L-2 extension in progress. If my L-2 is denied will I maintain my H-1 status? 2. Applied for asylum after being in the U.S. over 1 years and used a fake social security number. 3. Can my husband file a petition for me if he did not file taxes for the last 4 years and he was gainfully employed? 4. Affidavit of Support (I-864 Form) 5. Steps for I-601A? (1/17/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on December 20, 2020 1. What are the steps that I will have to do to become legalized under President-elect Biden’s promise to send a bill to Congress for 11 million undocumented immigrants? 2. I am from Hong Kong – do I belong to the China quota at this time? 3. On H-1B, married to a US citizen in another state, thinking of quitting job – will I be legal? 4. Sneaked into the US six months ago – what will happen if I get caught by Immigration? (12/20/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 18, 2020 1. Can I use my green card & go out of the country if it has a small spelling error on my last name? 2. I have a problem with my student visa I had to get a new F1 visa and it’s been more than 2 months embassy still hasn’t replied. 3. Can I marry a U.S. citizen using my 30 days grace period? (12/18/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 4, 2020 1. Naturalization: having home business (sole proprietorship). Form N-400 asks: are you employed? NO, YES. What is the right answer? 2. Under what circumstances should a US Green Card holder consider travel to Cuba? 3. If I get married during 90 day visa, does spouse have to go back to her home country and wait for immigration to make a decision or can she stay here? (12/4/2020)