During this period of health crisis, we will encourage all clients to make telephonic rather than in person appointments with our office unless otherwise directed. Thank you for your understanding.
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; DACA; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status online with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee & Arthur Lee, Attorneys at Law!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: “IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – OCTOBER “SURPRISE” IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION AS DOS FAILS TO PARTNER WITH USCIS; PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION BEGINNING OCTOBER 1 APPEARS ONLY PROSPECTIVE; $3.5 TRILLION RECONCILIATION PACKAGE HAS HOPE FOR MANY UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS; MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST H-1B PROPOSED NATIONWIDE CLASS-ACTION SUIT SETTLEMENT; REPORTING TO ICE ERO TO BECOME SIMPLER.” (9/16/2021)
- Article: “New Texas Preliminary Injunction Against Prosecutorial Discretion Focused on Detention Only; Visa Chart Largely Humdrum for September Except for Indians – Will There Be an October Surprise? H-1b Restrictions Continuing under Biden Administration; Multiple Reports on Dearth of F-1 Visa Interest Around the World; Congressional Research Service Report Shows in Absentia Rate for Hearings Only 17%.” (8/25/2021)
- Article “EAD Processing Times for Adjustment of Status Applicants Must Be Drastically Improved” by Arthur Lee, Esq. (8/23/2021)
- Article: “Immigration news that you can use-Preserving F-2B preference at the NVC or consulate; Immigration video interviews; New ground for denying China NIV applications; New policies on EAD’s, RFE’s, and expedites; Possible actions for I-601A cases stymied by Castro-Tum” (7/13/2021)
- Article: “IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – NEW STUDENTS FROM CHINA TO BE ADMITTED AND GUIDANCE FOR DISTANCE LEARNING, EOIR RE-OPENINGS, H-1B REGISTRATIONS FOR 2021 AN ALL-TIME HIGH, SSA NO MATCH LETTERS NIXED”, ENTREPRENEUR PAROLE PROGRAM RETURNS, EXPANDED BIOMETRIC RULE NIXED, BIDEN BACKUP PLAN FOR LEGALIZATION, TIPS IN DEALING WITH THE NVC” (6/1/2021)
- News: “Our law firm gains remand of 1-212 prelude to I-601A as USCIS appellate body (AAO) examines in detail evidence given in application and appeal and decides that certain points relied upon in initial USCIS denial are not relevant.” (5/22/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on September 5, 2021 1. Can an immigrant be household member if main source of income is abroad? 2. How long after getting married I can file immigrant paper for my spouse? 3. Fiancé Visa or Marriage Visa 4. Nationality changes in I-130 5. Do I have to pay international student (F1 visa) tuition for a four year university if my i-485 is approved (Adjustment of Status) (9/8/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on August 15, 2021 1. Can I apply for a work permit in USA while on a Visa Waiver Program? 2. Can I file I 485 while I-130 is pending? 3. Can I enter from Canada using B visa as my H-4 stamping is delayed in Canada? 4. Change of status from H-1B to B1 and after approval of I-140 change back to approved H-1B? 5. A Green card holder wants to apply F-2B for son – currently an international student. How long will it take for his green card? (8/15/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on July 25, 2021 1. Can My Dad Come Back to the US? 2. H1-B 6-years Tenure 3. Should a Receipt # be Generated or Is It Enough If the Petition is Filed Within the 60 Days Window to be Considered in Status. 4. I am With a Pending Asylum Case. I Want to Withdraw Asylum and Go Back to My Country. 5. Can I Stay More Than 1 Year if My B2 Visa Extension Application (I-539) is Still In Review? (7/25/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on June 6, 2021 1. Can I get an F-2 visa while my husband’s green card application is pending? 2. Do I need visa while my husband’s green card application is pending? 3. If a person already deported get the case vacated what are the chances for coming back and how long will the process takes 4. If I do consulting work (less than 10 hours per week) for foreign organizations while doing my PhD in the US on a F-1 visa does that violate any rules? 5. No name given on green card 6. If I get a learner permit, will it affect my N400 application process? (6/6/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 30, 2021 1. Filed a Form I-539 and the 240 days are almost up and no answer from USCIS? What to do now? 2. H-4 Visa Holder Will Age Out Soon 3. Renew Work Authorization While in Removal Proceedings (5/30/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 9, 2021 1. I want to bring my minor sibling along with my parents. 2. I filed an I-130 for my daughter of above 21 of age. She is in the U.S. with a tourist visa. Can I go ahead to file work authorization and change of status for her? 3. Can I cancel form I-130? 4. Petition for my father after 10th year outside of USA, he stayed 14 years in the United States as an illegal 5. Can I apply for a student visa with a pending I-130? (5/11/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on April 25, 2021 1. I applied for my brother immigration visa that takes 10 years to approve 2. Permanent Immigration 3. My husband filedI-130 for me and he got my names wrong. Would that affect our processing time? 4. Can my employer apply for H-1B visa and green card at the same time? 5. Is parent eligible to apply for SSN and thereby insurance? (4/25/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on March 21, 2021 1. Expired I-94 for Son on L-2 2. Mom Had Tried to Pass the Border Many Times & Was Caught Using Someone Else Name and Sent Back. Can She be Forgiven? 3. Filing for Green Card for My Parents and Brother 4. Husband Leaves the Sponsoring Company, What Will Happen to My Pending Status F-2? (3/21/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on February 28, 2021 1. I filed I-539 extension for B2 visa on time, but so far I had only the 13 digits receipt. Should I leave? 2. My Son (Visa Waiver) in the US, (not married, 33 years old) , I am Permanent Resident Card holder Mom, may I process the I-130 and I-485 together? He is overstayed. 3. Reduced misdemeanor charge speeding 4. I applied I-130 form for my sister. Can she apply the form I-485 also? 5. My husband owes child support. Will it affect my immigration petition? (2/28/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on January 17, 2021 1. My H-1 change of status got approved and I have a L-2 extension in progress. If my L-2 is denied will I maintain my H-1 status? 2. Applied for asylum after being in the U.S. over 1 years and used a fake social security number. 3. Can my husband file a petition for me if he did not file taxes for the last 4 years and he was gainfully employed? 4. Affidavit of Support (I-864 Form) 5. Steps for I-601A? (1/17/2021)