We are happy to announce that Alan Lee & Arthur Lee, Attorneys at Law, has reopened for in-person office appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. In-person office appointment consultation fees are $150. (Telephonic appointment fees will continue to be charged at our lower present rates).
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; DACA; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status online with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee & Arthur Lee, Attorneys at Law!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – CONTACTING USCIS ON REJECTED AND NO RECEIPT CASES; 3/10 YEAR BARS CAN BE SATISFIED IN SOME CASES WHILE LIVING IN US: NYC CIS DISTRICT OFFICE POLICY CHANGES COMING; FLEXIBILITY PERIOD FOR RFE’S, RFI’S, NOID’S, ETC. LIKELY AT AN END; AUGUST VISA CHART SHOWS MULTIPLE FB AND FEW EB CHANGES. (7/22/2022)
- Article: “DOYLE PROSECUTORIAL DISCRETION MEMO SEEMINGLY HANGS IN THE BALANCE” (7/18/2022)
- IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – SOME MOVEMENT ON JULY VISA BULLETIN; RENEWED GUIDANCE ON DISTANCE LEARNING; CHANGED LOCKBOX FOR SOME I-485 EB FILINGS; NVC CURRENT PROCESSING TIMES; USCIS SAYS “GO FISH” (6/20/2022)
- IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – DOYLE MEMORANDUM GIVES HOPE TO THOSE IN REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS; JUNE VISA CHART BIG EFFECTS; NEW 540 DAY EXTENSIONS FOR MANY EAD RENEWALS; MORE STATS ON H-1B SEASON; IMPROVEMENT ON USCIS PUBLISHED CASE PROCESSING TIMES? (5/18/2022)
- Recommendations to Improve H-1B Lottery System by Arthur Lee, Esq. (4/15/2022)
- IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE: CAP H-1B SELECTION PROCESS ANNOUNCED COMPLETE; EB-5 REGIONAL CENTER REAUTHORIZATION/REFORM LAW TO BEGIN IN MAY; TITLE 42 NEWS INCLUDING UKRAINIANS; NO MORE PAPER I-94S AT THE BORDER; THE DEPARTURE OF EXPANDED EXPEDITED REMOVAL. (4/1/2022)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on August 7, 2022 1. Can my parents leave and reenter the US on their current B2 visa while their I130 (filed while they were in the US) is pending? 2. Citizenship 3. Live in US while IR-1 visa application is in process 4. Caught for shoplifting when I’m on H1b and now I am applying for H1b visa. (8/7/2022)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on June 5, 2022 1. Do my H4 status wife need to file a form I-539? 2. U.S Citizenship 3. EB2-NIW Policy Alert Jan 21, 2022 4. Did not include green paper in new application 5. I-130 for brother 6. Do I need to apply for a visa? 7. How come my mom was denied a reentry visa? (6/5/2022)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 22, 2022 1. My H-1B 6-year period is ending on May 31, 2022. My home country is India. My employer is stating my green card process now 2. How long does it take usually for I-130 to get to the NVC stage? 3. I-751 filed jointly then divorce? 4. Will My Divorce Affect my Naturalization Application? 5. Pending I-485 (marriage base), maintaining F1 status, using EAD 6. Can An Illegal alien obtain a professional license such as for cosmetology? (5/22/2022)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on April 17, 2022 1. Can the spouse and beneficiary of a Green Card applicant apply for a J1 visa herself after the I-140 is approved but prior to completing the DS-260? 2. Employment Authorization Document 3. Pending I-130 & F1 4. How can I Change marital status with USCIS 5. My sister is a US citizen. Can she petition for me for adjustment of status? 6. Non-immigrant travel from Mexico back to US 7. How fast can I work with a tourist visa? 8. I am a citizen but my parents entered illegally if I join the army can they get their citizenship? (4/19/2022)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on March 20, 2022 1. Can I send my 12-year old daughter to school while waiting for adjustment of status? 2. Can I remove my husband from application for sibling immigration application? 3. N-400 4. Can J-1 visa holder marry a US citizen during the grace period? 5. H-1B to F1 visa 6. F-1 Student Visa 7. Do I need an I-601A waiver? 8. How to cancel N400 application or biometric? 9. Is form i-824 a must to get to the NVC? (3/22/2022)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on February 27, 2022 1. Do I Have to Stop Work if C9 EAD Expires Before Receiving Physical Green Card as I-485 is Approved? 2. Are Unintentional Mistakes on ETA 9089 Relevant to the Scope of N-400 Question 31? 3. My Son Does Not Have My Surname. How Do I Petition for Him? 4. How Long It Will Take to Invite My Brother to USA 5. I never filed taxes and NVC asks for affidavit of support. Can I find a joint sponsor? 6. Regarding H-1B Stamping 7. About Travel Document I-131 (2/27/2022)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on January 30, 2022 1. Is there a list to find out if your person you want to bring back can come back? 2. How to apply a visa for my mother-in-law and father-in-law? 3. I’m on B2 visa currently here in USA. I have pending spouse visa application petitioned by my US citizen husband. Can I get EAD? 4. A Multiple filer? 5. Can I file Green Card while I am on TN visa in the US? 6. How can I sponsor my sick sister if I am a US Permanent Resident? (1/30/2022)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on January 2&9, 2022 1. Can I do part-time work like paid expert consulting (outside my employer) with an EAD+AP card related to my I-485 EB1-B green card application? 2. Stay and work on H1B while Max out nearing 3. Can I move to the US while I wait for my green card? 4. I am currently on h1 b visa and I’m married to US citizen I would like to resign my job due to personal reasons and I have not started the process for adjustment of status. (1/9/2022)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on December 5, 2021 1. Can I change from F-1 student to B-2 tourist and how long would it take to process? 2. While pending parents I-130 in US. Can they travel out of US? (12/5/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on November 21, 2021 1. Husband is waiting for visa interview on my petition I’ve cosponsor. Last year I was unemployed. What is the minimum value of income for tax return? (11/21/2021)