During this period of health crisis, we will encourage all clients to make telephonic rather than in person appointments with our office unless otherwise directed. Thank you for your understanding.
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- ALAN LEE, ESQ. CHOSEN 2020 SUPER LAWYER IN NEW YORK CITY (11/13/2020)
- Article: “The U.S. Government Should Consider Excusing Some Violations of Voluntary Departure Orders During The Pandemic ” by Arthur Lee, Esq. (10/27/2020)
- Article: “Interim Final Regulations (IFRs) on Wage Hikes by DOL and on H-1Bs by DHS and Some of the Flaws of Their Logic” (10/19/2020)
- Article: In Provisional I-212 Appeal Win, AAO in Non-Precedent Decision, In Re: 9072079 (AAO 9/24/20),Clarifies What Constitutes After-Acquired Equity, Correct Standard of Adjudication, and Rightful Consideration of Evidence. (10/15/2020)
- Article: “WITH JUSTICE GINSBURG GONE, DREAMERS DESPERATELY NEED A POLITICAL SOLUTION” (9/20/2020)
- Article: WHAT IS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY NOW, AND DONALD TRUMP – FRIEND TO IMMIGRANTS? (9/4/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on November 20, 2020 1. I-130 Denied Notice Was Never Received. Will I Get Same Priority Date If I File New I-130? 2. I got married recently with to an U.S. citizen but she refused to fill the form-130 and left while I was about to file for my paperwork. what can I do? 3. Can a traffic violation in which I was fined and I paid the fine. affect my naturalization application. 4. Currently a DACA Applicant (have been for 8 years) married to a US Citizen, am I allowed to broad a cruise ship to the Bahamas? (11/20/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on November 6, 2020 1. What Can Happen During My Change of Status to B2 Period? 2. Consular Processing Parent of U.S. Citizen 3. Can I Renew My Green Card on a 5 Years Deferred Probation? (11/6/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on October 16, 2020 1. Can I do Something on My Deportation? 2. I File I-130s For My Children and They Are Minors. How Long Will the Process Take? 3. My Fiancé Was Granted Voluntary Departure. When Can He Re-enter the United States? (10/16/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on September 18, 2020 1. Overstay. 2. Mother Applies Married Daughter. 3. My Overseas Girlfriend is Pregnant but I have No Insurance. (9/18/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on September 4, 2020 1. How Can I Expedite Process to Obtain Green Card as a Spouse of U.S. Citizen? 2. Can I Change B-1 Visa into H-1B or Permanent Residency in USA? 3. If I Have a Green Card for 2 Years, Can I Divorce Before This Times Expire Without Losing it? (9/4/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on August 30, 2020 1. Petitioning for My Parents in China. How Difficult Will It Be for Them to Pass the Public charge Requirement? 2. What Will Happen to My Labor Certification Green Card Case Since I Was Born in Hong Kong and How Long Will it Take for Me to Immigrate? 3. Can I Apply for DACA Now That the Supreme Court Ruled That the Program Could Continue? 4. Can You Tell Me if It Will be Safe to Go Into USCIS Offices for Interviews When They Are Scheduled? (8/30/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on August 21, 2020 1. Can I Request I-485 to be Joint? 2. If I Get Paid $12.50/hr with 40 Hours a Week, Is This Enough to Bring My Girlfriend to the USA from Philippines? 3. Can You Get Married in the US Even If You Are Still Legally Married in the Philippines? (8/21/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on August 7, 2020 1. What is The Fastest Way to Move From F-1 to H-4/H4-EAD? 2. Asylum Denied and Placed in Removal Preceding. I Married a US Citizen and Had I-130 Interview. Can I Travel Abroad and Return Back? 3. If a Person Was Charged with Embezzlement and Served Jail Time Before Being Deported in 2008, Can He Return to the United States? (8/7/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on July 24, 2020 1. Either I Can Apply for H4 EAD Now or Shift to F1 Visa from H4. Which is Better in Current Situation in USA? 2. If Someone Else Becomes an I-864 Sponsor, Can My Sponsorship Be Dissolved? 3. Can I Study While My I-485 is Pending? (7/24/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on July 10, 2020 1. How Do I Change Visa Type? 2. I Think My Husband Married Me to Get to the U.S. Because After He Got His Green Card His Actions Toward Me Has Changed. 3. What Kind of Visa Can I be Eligible If My Brother Has a US Green Card? (7/10/2020)