We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: Nothing About Trump Policies On Immigration; The Effect Of Visa Retrogressions; The Iron-Doming Of DHS; And Watch Out For Closed Loop Voyages (6/25/2019)
- Article: Protecting The Green Card When Taking Extended Trips From The U. S.; Entitlement To 10 Day Or 60 Day Grace Periods For Nonimmigrant Workers; Public Charge Danger Signals (5/24/2019)
- Article: Payment Of Fees Becomes More Restrictive At U.S.C.I.S.; Aliens Being Defrauded By DHS Look-Alikes; H-1B Denial Rates Show Need For Lawyers And Sharper Lawyering (4/25/2019)
- Article: Will EB-5 Regulation Ever Come Out? Why More H-2B’s When America is “Full”? New Form Changes – Make Sure to Use the Right Forms to Avoid Rejection. (4/12/2019)
- Article: Immigration Procedure – 10 Possible Items Of Interest (2/19/2019)
- New H-1B Regulation “Registration Requirement For Petitioners Seeking To File H-1B Petitions On Behalf Of Cap-Subject Aliens” Becomes Final Changing The Order Of Selection But Delaying Pre-Registration System (2/1/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on July 14, 2019 1. Can My Sister’s Child Immigrate Under the Child Status Protection Act? 2. Failed the Marriage Interview – What Are My Chances of Appeal? 3. Applying for H-1B and Wanting to Get Into F-1 Higher Education Program, What Can I Do? 4. We Have the Choice of My Wife Applying for Labor Certification Green Card and Me Applying for Political Asylum – What Road Should We Take? (7/14/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on July 12, 2019 1. International Student- Using TPS Work Permit to Do Paid Summer Internship, Is It Okay? 2. Do I Have A 60-Day Grace Period After My Job Ends Early? 3. Immigration – Two Cases (7/12/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on July 5, 2019 1. Can I Transfer My H-1 In This Condition? 2. My Husband Is a Citizen Here But Is Unemployed For a Few Months Now. Is It Possible for Him to File Immigrant Papers For Me? 3. My girl friend and I want to get married and we both not from USA. My question is can we get married and can we get the green card? (7/5/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on June 30, 2019 1. Is My Grace Period 10 Days or 60 Days Where The Company Dismisses Me Two Days After my H-1B Time Runs Out? 2. Am I In Danger Where I Got Divorced Soon After Me and Ex-husband Got Green Cards From His Company Employment and I Was Only Married a Short Time? (6/30/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on June 28, 2019 1. Are There Continuous Residence Requirements For a Lawful Permanent Resident Who Is Under 18? 2. What to do When a Principal Died Before Interview Date Scheduled? 3. My Father Said His Going to Take Me Back to Africa. But I Am 19 Years Old and a U.S. Citizen. Can He Do That? (6/29/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on June 21, 2019 1. Should I Fill Out An I-134 Form for Partially Supporting My Girl Friend Trying to Extend a B-2 Visa? 2. USCIS Sent My Green Card to The Wrong Address. Now I Don’t Want to Pay Fee for the Replacement. It Was Not Delivered Back But It’s Their Fault. 3. Marrying an American Without Seeking U.S. Citizenship (6/21/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on June 14, 2019 1. Can I Enter on F-1 Visa While H-1 Application is Pending? 2. Pros and Cons of Applying for K-3 Visa After Submitting an I-130 3. I’m a US Citizen. Can My Mother Stay Over 180 Days If I Applied for Her Green Card And It’s Still In-process? (6/14/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on June 9, 2019 1. Will Former Marriage With Approved I-130 Petition Be a Problem When New Spouse Files Another I-130 Petition? 2. Can You Tell Me How to Count My Time For Naturalization? (6/10/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on June 7, 2019 1. Can I Fix my Mother’s Papers If I Am Married in California? 2. What Happens After A Tip Is Submitted to ICE About An Illegal Immigrant? 3. I Am an F-1 Student on OPT Training Which Will Expire in July. But I Will Like to Change My Status to B-2 Visitor for Pleasure. What Is A Good Reason? (6/7/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 31, 2019 1. Will Traffic Violation Get Me Deported? 2. Will I Still Be Able to Get My Green Card? 3. Can I Marry a Chinese Student On a F-1 Visa (5/31/2019)