During this period of health crisis, we will encourage all clients to make telephonic rather than in person appointments with our office unless otherwise directed. Thank you for your understanding.
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: State Department Allowing Schengen Area, UK And Ireland F-1 And M-1 Students To Enter Despite Ban Under Presidential Proclamations 9993 And 9996; And Other Miscues Interpreting 6/22/20 Proclamation. (7/21/2020)
- Article: Trump 6/22/20 Proclamation Suspending the Entry of Nonimmigrant Workers – Who is Affected and How. (6/23/2020)
- Article: Why Donald Trump Is Stumbling Badly And How He Can Save Himself And The Nation (6/15/2020)
- Article：Recommendations for U.S.C.I.S. Reopening Offices During Covid-19 (5/7/2020)
- Article: The Importance of Setting the Record Straight on East Coast Infections – It’s the Europeans; Why not just excuse the LCA posting requirement during the Pandemic? (4/16/2020)
- Article: REPEATEDLY CALLING IT A CHINESE VIRUS IS RACIST AND A DEFLECTION OF BLAME (3/19/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on August 7, 2020 1. What is The Fastest Way to Move From F-1 to H-4/H4-EAD? 2. Asylum Denied and Placed in Removal Preceding. I Married a US Citizen and Had I-130 Interview. Can I Travel Abroad and Return Back? 3. If a Person Was Charged with Embezzlement and Served Jail Time Before Being Deported in 2008, Can He Return to the United States? (8/7/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on July 24, 2020 1. Either I Can Apply for H4 EAD Now or Shift to F1 Visa from H4. Which is Better in Current Situation in USA? 2. If Someone Else Becomes an I-864 Sponsor, Can My Sponsorship Be Dissolved? 3. Can I Study While My I-485 is Pending? (7/24/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on July 10, 2020 1. How Do I Change Visa Type? 2. I Think My Husband Married Me to Get to the U.S. Because After He Got His Green Card His Actions Toward Me Has Changed. 3. What Kind of Visa Can I be Eligible If My Brother Has a US Green Card? (7/10/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on June 26, 2020 1. Child with Documented Immigration 2. Can I Ask for Asylum? I am Illegal for Nearly 20 Years. 3. I Have DACA, Can I Apply for a Green Card? (6/27/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on June 21, 2020 1. The Trump Ban on Chinese Graduate and Postgraduate Students – Am I Affected? 2. Having a Tough Time Leaving the Country After Obtaining Voluntary Departure – How Can I Leave on Time to China? 3. What is the Notice of Filing and Why is my Lawyer Telling Me that She Cannot File my Labor Certification Application Because my Company is Closed and Cannot Post the Notice? 4. Besides the Ban on Chinese Graduate and Post graduate Students, What Other Bans are There by Pres. Trump on People from China? (6/21/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on June 12, 2020 1. My Married Sister is in the US Legally. How Long Will it Take If I Am a US Citizen to Sponsor Her? 2. I Submitted the I-130 in Nov 2019. On April 2020 I Got a Notice to Provide More Evidence. Does it Mean that my Previous Fee/Evidence is Lost? 3. I Signed an I-864 for My Husband As His Sole Sponsor a Year Ago. Can I Apply for Medicaid Now? (6/12/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 29, 2020 1. Effect of Divorce on Green Card? 2. Can I Travel on B1 (Initial Training) While L-1B Blanket Petition is on the Way? 3. Can I Send my Fiance Appeal Application With a Note that Say We Have Kids and I Am Pregnant? (5/29/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 24, 2020 – Not Selected for H-1B Registration, What Should I Do Now? (5/24/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 17, 2020 1. Filed I-485s for Self and Daughter in Early February, Mine Accepted, Daughter Rejected – What to Do? 2. Holding Green Card Status and Poor, What Chances to Sponsor My Other Children for Green Card? (5/17/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 15, 2020 1. Would a Civil Case (Owing 2 Months Rent) Affect Me in the Future from Getting a Visa? 2. My OPT STEM Case is Processing Right Now. Am I Eligible to Work Right Now? 3. Would an Economics Degree + 1 Financial Accounting Course+ 1 Year Accounting Experience be Enough for a TN Visa Accountant Position? (5/15/2020)