During this period of health crisis, we will encourage all clients to make telephonic rather than in person appointments with our office unless otherwise directed. Thank you for your understanding.
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article：Recommendations for U.S.C.I.S. Reopening Offices During Covid-19 (5/7/2020)
- Article: The Importance of Setting the Record Straight on East Coast Infections – It’s the Europeans; Why not just excuse the LCA posting requirement during the Pandemic? (4/16/2020)
- Article: REPEATEDLY CALLING IT A CHINESE VIRUS IS RACIST AND A DEFLECTION OF BLAME (3/19/2020)
- Article: Is Mr. Trump an Unstoppable Freight Train? (2/20/2020)
- Article: Coronavirus China Travel Ban Reveals Prejudice Against Parents And Six Nation Ban Hodgepodge Thinking (2/5/2020)
- Article: Watch Out For The Public Charge Rule! (1/23/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 29, 2020 1. Effect of Divorce on Green Card? 2. Can I Travel on B1 (Initial Training) While L-1B Blanket Petition is on the Way? 3. Can I Send my Fiance Appeal Application With a Note that Say We Have Kids and I Am Pregnant? (5/29/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 24, 2020 – Not Selected for H-1B Registration, What Should I Do Now? (5/24/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 17, 2020 1. Filed I-485s for Self and Daughter in Early February, Mine Accepted, Daughter Rejected – What to Do? 2. Holding Green Card Status and Poor, What Chances to Sponsor My Other Children for Green Card? (5/17/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 15, 2020 1. Would a Civil Case (Owing 2 Months Rent) Affect Me in the Future from Getting a Visa? 2. My OPT STEM Case is Processing Right Now. Am I Eligible to Work Right Now? 3. Would an Economics Degree + 1 Financial Accounting Course+ 1 Year Accounting Experience be Enough for a TN Visa Accountant Position? (5/15/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 10, 2020 1. Thinking About Changing from L-1A to H-1B and Have I-140 EB-13 Approval Already. Should I? (5/13/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 1, 2020 1. Passport Application Needed Custody Papers 2. Wish to Change Status 3. Fiancé didn’t file Taxes, Will that be an Issue When I Sponsor Him for a Green Card? (5/1/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on April 26, 2020 1. Selected for H-1B Registration, but I Do Not Know How Long the Job Will Last – How to Prepare? 2. In Light of the Changes for H-1B This Year, What Should We (The Company) Look Out For? 3. I have My I-601A Approved and Voluntary Departure Until July 1, 2020. When Should I Leave? (4/26/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on April 17, 2020 1. How Long Immigration Take? 2. My Boyfriend Was Coming Over Here and Got Detained 3. How Do I Get My Spouse’s New Name Updated on Her H-4 Visa Approval Notice? (4/17/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on April 5, 2020 1. F-1 student on OPT until April 5, 2020, may have a problem with timing for H-1B under new rules for employer registration. 2. New H-1B rule for employer registration gives more opportunities but also potential danger to those who will soon obtain US Masters degrees. 3. Sponsoring my sister and her daughter – one or two petitions? 4. Brother’s circumstances have changed since I started sponsoring almost 12 years ago – what to do? 5. Application to change status pending, can I travel across the country to Los Angeles and tour around? (4/5/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on March 20, 2020 1. My H-1 to H-4 Conversion Denied 2. Can my cousin wait for her residence here if her stepdad is filling for her? Is her visa still be available during this process? 3. Was given a citation for shoplifting, case was dismissed. Does it affect applying for citizenship? (3/20/2020)