During this period of health crisis, we will encourage all clients to make telephonic rather than in person appointments with our office unless otherwise directed. Thank you for your understanding.
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; DACA; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status online with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: “The Congressional Review Act and Freeze on Regulations Give Immigrants Hope for Relief ” by Arthur Lee, Esq. (1/12/2021)
- Article “BIDEN TO DO LIST – TWO VERY IMPORTANT ITEMS” (1/4/2021)
- Article “S386/HR1044 – Passed By Senate – Goes to Conference with Part That Must be Fixed” (12/7/2020)
- Comment on USCIS proposed regulation, “Modification of Registration Requirement for Petitioners Seeking to File Cap Subject H-1B Petitions”, RIN 1615-AC61 – by Alan Lee, Esq. (12/1/2020)
- ALAN LEE, ESQ. CHOSEN 2020 SUPER LAWYER IN NEW YORK CITY (11/13/2020)
- Article: “The U.S. Government Should Consider Excusing Some Violations of Voluntary Departure Orders During The Pandemic ” by Arthur Lee, Esq. (10/27/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on January 17, 2021 1. My H-1 change of status got approved and I have a L-2 extension in progress. If my L-2 is denied will I maintain my H-1 status? 2. Applied for asylum after being in the U.S. over 1 years and used a fake social security number. 3. Can my husband file a petition for me if he did not file taxes for the last 4 years and he was gainfully employed? 4. Affidavit of Support (I-864 Form) 5. Steps for I-601A? (1/17/2021)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on December 20, 2020 1. What are the steps that I will have to do to become legalized under President-elect Biden’s promise to send a bill to Congress for 11 million undocumented immigrants? 2. I am from Hong Kong – do I belong to the China quota at this time? 3. On H-1B, married to a US citizen in another state, thinking of quitting job – will I be legal? 4. Sneaked into the US six months ago – what will happen if I get caught by Immigration? (12/20/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 18, 2020 1. Can I use my green card & go out of the country if it has a small spelling error on my last name? 2. I have a problem with my student visa I had to get a new F1 visa and it’s been more than 2 months embassy still hasn’t replied. 3. Can I marry a U.S. citizen using my 30 days grace period? (12/18/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 4, 2020 1. Naturalization: having home business (sole proprietorship). Form N-400 asks: are you employed? NO, YES. What is the right answer? 2. Under what circumstances should a US Green Card holder consider travel to Cuba? 3. If I get married during 90 day visa, does spouse have to go back to her home country and wait for immigration to make a decision or can she stay here? (12/4/2020)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on November 22, 2020 1. Why are our H-1B employees from China and India and their lawyers asking for so much paperwork during the past few weeks? 2. Received LCA in September, but H-1B petition not filed yet – am I in big danger because of new H-1B regulation? 3. My H-1B petition is pending – I am worried about the new regulation that would raise my wage by a lot and what the company will think about it. 4. My final asylum hearing date in the immigration court is coming up – can I postpone it? (11/22/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on November 20, 2020 1. I-130 Denied Notice Was Never Received. Will I Get Same Priority Date If I File New I-130? 2. I got married recently with to an U.S. citizen but she refused to fill the form-130 and left while I was about to file for my paperwork. what can I do? 3. Can a traffic violation in which I was fined and I paid the fine. affect my naturalization application. 4. Currently a DACA Applicant (have been for 8 years) married to a US Citizen, am I allowed to broad a cruise ship to the Bahamas? (11/20/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on November 6, 2020 1. What Can Happen During My Change of Status to B2 Period? 2. Consular Processing Parent of U.S. Citizen 3. Can I Renew My Green Card on a 5 Years Deferred Probation? (11/6/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on October 16, 2020 1. Can I do Something on My Deportation? 2. I File I-130s For My Children and They Are Minors. How Long Will the Process Take? 3. My Fiancé Was Granted Voluntary Departure. When Can He Re-enter the United States? (10/16/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on September 18, 2020 1. Overstay. 2. Mother Applies Married Daughter. 3. My Overseas Girlfriend is Pregnant but I have No Insurance. (9/18/2020)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on September 4, 2020 1. How Can I Expedite Process to Obtain Green Card as a Spouse of U.S. Citizen? 2. Can I Change B-1 Visa into H-1B or Permanent Residency in USA? 3. If I Have a Green Card for 2 Years, Can I Divorce Before This Times Expire Without Losing it? (9/4/2020)