We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: Protecting The Green Card When Taking Extended Trips From The U. S.; Entitlement To 10 Day Or 60 Day Grace Periods For Nonimmigrant Workers; Public Charge Danger Signals (5/24/2019)
- Article: Payment Of Fees Becomes More Restrictive At U.S.C.I.S.; Aliens Being Defrauded By DHS Look-Alikes; H-1B Denial Rates Show Need For Lawyers And Sharper Lawyering (4/25/2019)
- Article: Will EB-5 Regulation Ever Come Out? Why More H-2B’s When America is “Full”? New Form Changes – Make Sure to Use the Right Forms to Avoid Rejection. (4/12/2019)
- Article: Immigration Procedure – 10 Possible Items Of Interest (2/19/2019)
- New H-1B Regulation “Registration Requirement For Petitioners Seeking To File H-1B Petitions On Behalf Of Cap-Subject Aliens” Becomes Final Changing The Order Of Selection But Delaying Pre-Registration System (2/1/2019)
- Article: The Art Of The Deal In Making The Wall (1/23/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on June 21, 2019 1. Should I Fill Out An I-134 Form for Partially Supporting My Girl Friend Trying to Extend a B-2 Visa? 2. USCIS Sent My Green Card to The Wrong Address. Now I Don’t Want to Pay Fee for the Replacement. It Was Not Delivered Back But It’s Their Fault. 3. Marrying an American Without Seeking U.S. Citizenship (6/21/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on June 14, 2019 1. Can I Enter on F-1 Visa While H-1 Application is Pending? 2. Pros and Cons of Applying for K-3 Visa After Submitting an I-130 3. I’m a US Citizen. Can My Mother Stay Over 180 Days If I Applied for Her Green Card And It’s Still In-process? (6/14/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on June 9, 2019 1. Will Former Marriage With Approved I-130 Petition Be a Problem When New Spouse Files Another I-130 Petition? 2. Can You Tell Me How to Count My Time For Naturalization? (6/10/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on June 7, 2019 1. Can I Fix my Mother’s Papers If I Am Married in California? 2. What Happens After A Tip Is Submitted to ICE About An Illegal Immigrant? 3. I Am an F-1 Student on OPT Training Which Will Expire in July. But I Will Like to Change My Status to B-2 Visitor for Pleasure. What Is A Good Reason? (6/7/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 31, 2019 1. Will Traffic Violation Get Me Deported? 2. Will I Still Be Able to Get My Green Card? 3. Can I Marry a Chinese Student On a F-1 Visa (5/31/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 24, 2019 1. I am TPS Holder and My Husband is a U.S. Citizen, Have Two Kids, My Husband Want to Apply for Adjustments of Status for Me, Is It Possible for Me? 2. Can an Immigration Lawyer Help a Younger Individual That Was Already Refused the B-2 Visitor’s Visa Get Approved? 3. Concerned re Travel in Advance Parole /EAD Document (5/24/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 17, 2019 1. Can I Fix Papers for My Mother And My Wife? 2. Would I Have Problem Transferring to a New Employer on May 15 2019 If My Current Employer Has Filed My H-1B Application on April 1st 2019? 3. Travel Back to Home Country After H-1B Max-Out. Can I Travel Back After H-1B Extension Approval (After I-140 Approval)? (5/17/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 12, 2019 1. What Can I Do When My H-1B Transfer Petition Gets a U.S.C.I.S. Request for Evidence and I Have Already Transferred to The New Employer? 2. Does A Step Relationship Survive a Divorce Where There Is A Remarriage? 3. What Should I Do With My Pending Asylum Case When I Am Now Married to a U.S. Citizen? 4. Daughter Gave Up the Green Card For Leaving the Country For Too Long – Can She Get It Back? (5/13/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 10, 2019 1. How Can My US Citizen Husband File A Visa For My Mother to Come to the U.S.? 2. Expired Working Visa 3. What’s My Best Option to File I-751 Form to Remove of Conditional Green Card? (5/10/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 3, 2019 1. Due Process And DNA, If An “Illegal” has Blood Native to American Soil, Are They Illegal or a US Citizen? 2. Is the Process of Conversion of Status From H-4 to F-1 Easy And If So, Is It Necessary to Get F-1 Visa As Well? 3. If My Visa Expires Today How Long Do I Have to Leave the Country? (5/3/2019)