We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: S.2603, The Relief Act, In The Season Of Hope; Two Proposed Regulations Likely To Become Law; December Visa Chart Movement And Prognostication; Stockwell Lives (12/4/2019)
- Article: WHERE DO WE STAND TODAY AFTER 3 COURTS PUT A TEMPORARY HALT ON THE PUBLIC CHARGE RULE? (10/16/2019)
- ALAN LEE, ESQ. SUPER LAWYER FOR 2019 IN NEW YORK CITY (10/10/2019)
- Article: AMENDED HR 1044 IN S.386 HAPPENING NOW AMID A FLOOD OF CONCERNS (9/23/2019)
- Article: New Public Charge Rule Coming Out on August 14, 2019, Not Retroactive for Cases Submitted Before 10/15/19 and ACA Subsidized Health Insurance Outside of Medicaid not Considered a Public Benefit (8/17/2019)
- Article: Naturalize Now! (7/30/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 13, 2019 1. My wife Has a Permanent Resident Card But She got Detained in Crossing Back to the United States. 2. Someone Makes More Than $30,000 a Year and The Household Size Is 2. Is This Person Above the 125% of The Poverty Guideline? 3. During Claiming Asylum Process I Can’t Get My Uni Papers in Saudi Arabia. It Requires My Father’s Agreement. Will USA Be Able to Get Me the Papers I Need? (12/13/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on December 6, 2019 1. Does Sponsoring an Undocumented Employee Increase My Risk of Prosecution for Hiring Undocumented alien? 2. I Was Refused Entry Into U.S. with INA section 217, For An Overstay Which I Wasn’t Aware Of. 3. Do I Have to Submit All 5 Years Bank Statements for My Naturalization? (12/6/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on November 29, 2019 1. Can I Ask An Asylum in New York Airport? 2. My Partner is On DACA and The Status Expires August of Next Year. We Were Wondering If Marriage Would Protect Him If And When DACA Expires. 3. If Someone Is In U.S. On Expired Visa, Is There Something They Need To Do Before Going Home (11/29/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on November 22, 2019 1. What Evidence Do I Need to Prove That a Person Didn’t Have to File His Taxes Because He Wasn’t Working? 2. Initiating H-1B Transfer After Entering the Country 3. Applying For a Re-entry After Deportation (11/22/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on November 17, 2019 1. Please Tell Us What to be Aware Of If Mother Sponsors Our Grandma for U.S. Immigration? 2. How Difficult Will It Be for My Brother to Immigrate With His Crime and Taking Into Account His Family Here in the U.S.? 3. Mother Passed Away Before Her Petition for Her Married Son Was Approved – What Can We Do Now For My Brother? 4. Thinking of E-2 Visa, Very Interested in L-1 Visa. (11/19/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on November 8, 2019 1. I Have a Civil Lawsuit Against Me Because of A Car Accident. How Do I Reflect This On N-400 Form? 2. What to Do on Form I-864 If My Husband Didn’t Have to File Taxes During Those Years? 3. I Am A Doctor by Occupation But Intend Not to Work in Medical/Health Occupation In USA Not Requiring National Board of Medical Examiner Certification (11/8/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on November 1, 2019 1. My Category Changed from F-2A to F-2B And I Got Welcome Letter From NVC 2. Working While On Tourist Visa 3. Paycheck As Proof of Employment For Post Grad OPT (11/1/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on October 25, 2019 1. Is My L-1 Visa Already Out Of Status? Is My Employer Breaking The Law? 2. Visa Process 3. My I-140 and I-485 Were Concurrent Filled. Can I Change Job If Both Forms Are Still Not Approved? (10/25/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on October 18, 2019 1. Inquiry About Expired Temporary Green Card 2. How Do I Apply For My Husband’s Citizenship? 3. Will My Husband Be Put in Risk to Get His Residency Taken From Him If We Come Back Into the U.S From Mexico for Christmas Vacation? (10/18/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on October 11, 2019 1. My Husband Was Banned for 10-yrs and That Time Is Up. Can He Apply To Reenter Since We’re Still Married? 2. What Is Legal Marriage Age For My Fiancée? 3. Father of My Child Charged for Possession of Marijuana a Gram/Personal Use and Officer Said It Was a Misdemeanor, He Has U.S. Residence Card. What Will Happen? (10/11/2019)