We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: Immigration Procedure – 10 Possible Items Of Interest (2/19/2019)
- New H-1B Regulation “Registration Requirement For Petitioners Seeking To File H-1B Petitions On Behalf Of Cap-Subject Aliens” Becomes Final Changing The Order Of Selection But Delaying Pre-Registration System (2/1/2019)
- Article: The Art Of The Deal In Making The Wall (1/23/2019)
- Article: Comment on USCIS New H-1B Proposed Regulation (1/2/2019)
- Article “Comment on Flipping Selection Process of Regular and U.S. Masters or Higher Graduates” (12/31/2018)
- Article “U.S.C.I.S. Releases Trove Of Information In New Proposed Rule, “Registration Requirement For Petitioners Seeking To File H-1B Petitions On Behalf Of Cap-subject Aliens”” (12/4/2018)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on March 15, 2019 1. CD1 Visa 2. Russian Citizen in Mexico 3. How Can I Help My Husband Get His Citizenship Here in the U.S.? (3/15/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on March 8, 2019 1. How Long Does It Take For a U.S. Citizen to Get a Green Card for Her Parents? 2. Can I Reopen My Husband’s I-130 So He Can Apply for the I-601 Waiver Within the U.S.? 3. I Have a Conditional Green Card Through Marriage, Which Ends This June. Recent DUI Charge Was Reduced to Reckless Driving. (3/8/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on March 3, 2019 1. Applied for EB-5 Investor Investment in 2017, and With The Line So Long, What Else Can I Do To Immigrate? I Am Major Owner of a Company in China. 2. What Are The Chances of Being Approved If Applying For H-1B Visa With a Small Tutoring Company? 3. How Should My Son Answer the DS-160 Question of Whether an Immigrant Visa Petition Has Been Filed for Him Where It Was Filed For Me And He Was Only Listed As a Member of My Family? 4. Can I Leave on Advance Parole If I Have Already Received a Notice of Intent to Deny My Adjustment of Status Application? (3/3/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on February 22, 2019 1. Can An Illegal Immigrant Become Legal After 13 Years of Living in the U.S.? 2. I’m On L-2 Dependent Visa and Want to Have a Work Permit to Work in U.S. 3. Clarification on The 3-Month Residency Requirement in the District When Submitting N-400. (2/22/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on February 15, 2019 1. EAD I-140 Compelling Circumstances 2. How to Change Tourist Visa to Work Visa? 3. Extension of B1/B2 Visa (2/15/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on February 8, 2019 1. How to Get My Girlfriend to Come to the U.S.? 2. Should I Apply for Citizenship? 3. Can C-1D Visa Holder Apply For an Asylum? (2/8/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on February 1, 2019 1. Can I Attend H-1B Visa Interview With Employer A When H-1 Transfer to Employer B Is In Process? 2. Will I Be Issued a Visa After DNA Results Are Positive? 3. Out of Student Status (2/1/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on January 25, 2019 1.Can Open LLC on EAD(GC) on EB3? 2. 2. Employment Immigration After Living in the US and Only Have 7 Months on a Different Visa. If Applying for PERM Employment with a Sponsor Waiting Period Could be How Long? 3. I Have B1/B2 Visa and Work Experience 13 Years. Can I Convert to H-1B? (1/25/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on January 18, 2019 1. I Was Denied the Right to Become a U.S. Citizen Because I Voted, I Have Proof to Show I Was Tricked into Doing So. 2. What Happens if I Don’t File Form I-751, and Go Back to My Home Country Before the 90-days Period For Good? 3. Can I Stay in the U.S. for Leisure From June – Oct 1st Under B2 Visa Until H-1B Takes Effect? (1/18/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on January 13, 2019 1. Married One Month After Coming to U. S. and Want to File for Her Immigration (I am USC) – Did We Marry Too Soon? 2. Laid Off on H-1B, Do I Have to Leave Now? Do I Have Any Time to Find Another Job? 3. On H-1B, I-140 Just Approved, Priority Date Far Away, Want to Change Employers, Currently Applying For Extension 4. Friend Who Filed Political Asylum Based on Persecution Under China Family-Planning Policy Just Denied – Why If He Has a Good Case? (1/13/2019)