We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: WHERE DO WE STAND TODAY AFTER 3 COURTS PUT A TEMPORARY HALT ON THE PUBLIC CHARGE RULE? (10/16/2019)
- ALAN LEE, ESQ. SUPER LAWYER FOR 2019 IN NEW YORK CITY (10/10/2019)
- Article: AMENDED HR 1044 IN S.386 HAPPENING NOW AMID A FLOOD OF CONCERNS (9/23/2019)
- Article: New Public Charge Rule Coming Out on August 14, 2019, Not Retroactive for Cases Submitted Before 10/15/19 and ACA Subsidized Health Insurance Outside of Medicaid not Considered a Public Benefit (8/17/2019)
- Article: Naturalize Now! (7/30/2019)
- Article: Nothing About Trump Policies On Immigration; The Effect Of Visa Retrogressions; The Iron-Doming Of DHS; And Watch Out For Closed Loop Voyages (6/25/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on October 18, 2019 1. Inquiry About Expired Temporary Green Card 2. How Do I Apply For My Husband’s Citizenship? 3. Will My Husband Be Put in Risk to Get His Residency Taken From Him If We Come Back Into the U.S From Mexico for Christmas Vacation? (10/18/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on October 11, 2019 1. My Husband Was Banned for 10-yrs and That Time Is Up. Can He Apply To Reenter Since We’re Still Married? 2. What Is Legal Marriage Age For My Fiancée? 3. Father of My Child Charged for Possession of Marijuana a Gram/Personal Use and Officer Said It Was a Misdemeanor, He Has U.S. Residence Card. What Will Happen? (10/11/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on October 4, 2019 1. My Husband Got Convicted and Deported. Is There Any Possible Way He Can Come Back to the United States? 2. How Much Yearly Income Is Required to Bring Someone to the U.S. On A Fiancé Visa? 3. Will Medical Discharge Revoke My Citizenship? (10/4/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on September 27, 2019 1. Father Was Legally in the U.S. for Over 30 Years And Was Deported for Having Less Than 2 oz of Marijuana at the U.S. Borders 2. I Was Trying to Get My Georgia ID. I Have Social Security Card and Green Card With No Expiration Date. 3. I Am Not An US Citizen, Is There a Possibility to Not Be Deported After Serving a Felony Sentence? (9/27/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on September 22, 2019 1. In Final Stages of Our LPR Son Sponsoring His Wife In China, What To Look Out For? 2. Have Order by Immigration Judge Because Did Not Show Up, Can My American-born Son Now 21 Sponsor Me for the Green Card? 3. H-4 Dependent Now Visiting Home, Can I Apply For Employment Authorization Card? (9/22/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on September 20, 2019 1. Case Status Changed From “Case Was Received” to “Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It”? 2. A Company filed H-1b for My Wife Who is On H-4 Visa In U.S. If H-4 Is Expired but H-1B Is Pending. What To Do? 3. Can I Still Have a Chance for Approval If I File Motion to Reopen/ Reconsider My I-601 Denial? (9/20/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on September 13, 2019 1. My Mother Overstayed Outside USA for 5 Years. Her Green Card Still not Expired. Can She Enter USA With Her Unexpired Green Card? 2. My OPT Expires Oct 20th. Do I Have to Get TN At Border Exactly 1 Month Before OPT Expires or Can I Do TN When OPT Expires? 3. How Can I Apply for L-2 – EAD Extension With L-1 and L-2 Extension Receipt Alone? (9/13/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on September 6, 2019 1. Derivative Citizenship After 12/24/52 Requires A Green Card Holder to Be Unmarried Until His 18th Birthday? 2. DMV of Georgia is Not Ready to Renew a Driver License For a Legal Immigrant Working on H-1B But The Extension Is Still Pending 3. Is There a Danger for Using B1/B2 Frequently? (9/6/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on August 30, 2019 1. I Am Married to a U.S. Permanent Resident. Do I Need to Wait 3 or 5 Years to Apply for Citizenship? 2. Can I Apply for Asylum in the USA If I Have Poland’s Temporary Residence Card and Citizenship of Ukraine? 3. Can I Bring A Boy I Met on Facebook to the U.S.? (8/30/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on August 23, 2019 1. Tourist Visa While Awaiting for Green Card 2. Can I Apply for a Green Card Without Being Sponsored? 3. My Immigrant Visa Case Was Filed in 2005, Was Given a 221g At The Time of Interview. (8/23/2019)