We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: Naturalize Now! (7/30/2019)
- Article: Nothing About Trump Policies On Immigration; The Effect Of Visa Retrogressions; The Iron-Doming Of DHS; And Watch Out For Closed Loop Voyages (6/25/2019)
- Article: Protecting The Green Card When Taking Extended Trips From The U. S.; Entitlement To 10 Day Or 60 Day Grace Periods For Nonimmigrant Workers; Public Charge Danger Signals (5/24/2019)
- Article: Payment Of Fees Becomes More Restrictive At U.S.C.I.S.; Aliens Being Defrauded By DHS Look-Alikes; H-1B Denial Rates Show Need For Lawyers And Sharper Lawyering (4/25/2019)
- Article: Will EB-5 Regulation Ever Come Out? Why More H-2B’s When America is “Full”? New Form Changes – Make Sure to Use the Right Forms to Avoid Rejection. (4/12/2019)
- Article: Immigration Procedure – 10 Possible Items Of Interest (2/19/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on August 9, 2019 1. How Long Does One Have to Wait for an Immigration Judge Decision on A Defensive Asylum Case? 2. My brother Married a Venezuelan Woman Who Originally Was Here On a Visa That Expired 2 Years Ago 3. How to Add One More Beneficiary in My National Visa Center Application? (8/9/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on August 2, 2019 1. When Should I Leave U.S. if My Extension of Stay Is Still Pending? 2. DACA Violation 3. Immigration Related Question (8/2/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on July 28, 2019 1. Sneaked into U. S. and US-Born Child Now 21 – Can He Sponsor Me? 2. Late to File I-751 Application to Remove Conditions on The Green Card Through Marriage, What Can I Do As I Am Now in France? 3. Received H-1B Change of Status Beginning 10/1/19, OPT Expires in July, and I Want to Travel in August – Are There Any Risks? 4. Father Sponsored Me in July 2014 As Unmarried Son of a Permanent Resident And The Dates of Filing Chart Has Been Reached, But The Petition Is Not Approved. What Can I Do? (7/28/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on July 26, 2019 1. I Am Being Sued in My Home Country 2. Do I Have to Register for Selective Service If I Have a Valid I-20 (F-1 Student) But My Visa Is Expired? 3. When Did I Start Accruing Unlawful Presence? (7/26/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on July 21, 2019 1. Can I Change of Status From Tourist Visa to Student Visa? 2. I Am Worried About My Political Asylum Application That I Filed in December 2017 – Is It Lost? 3. A Company is Offering to Change My Visitor’s Visa to H-1B Specialty Worker – Can It Be Done Now? (7/22/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on July 19, 2019 1. Filing for My Brother And His Family, But One of Her Daughter Is U.S. Citizen. Should I Include Her in Application? 2. Fiancé(e) Visa 3.Petty Offense Exception (7/19/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on July 14, 2019 1. Can My Sister’s Child Immigrate Under the Child Status Protection Act? 2. Failed the Marriage Interview – What Are My Chances of Appeal? 3. Applying for H-1B and Wanting to Get Into F-1 Higher Education Program, What Can I Do? 4. We Have the Choice of My Wife Applying for Labor Certification Green Card and Me Applying for Political Asylum – What Road Should We Take? (7/14/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on July 12, 2019 1. International Student- Using TPS Work Permit to Do Paid Summer Internship, Is It Okay? 2. Do I Have A 60-Day Grace Period After My Job Ends Early? 3. Immigration – Two Cases (7/12/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on July 5, 2019 1. Can I Transfer My H-1 In This Condition? 2. My Husband Is a Citizen Here But Is Unemployed For a Few Months Now. Is It Possible for Him to File Immigrant Papers For Me? 3. My girl friend and I want to get married and we both not from USA. My question is can we get married and can we get the green card? (7/5/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on June 30, 2019 1. Is My Grace Period 10 Days or 60 Days Where The Company Dismisses Me Two Days After my H-1B Time Runs Out? 2. Am I In Danger Where I Got Divorced Soon After Me and Ex-husband Got Green Cards From His Company Employment and I Was Only Married a Short Time? (6/30/2019)