We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: Will EB-5 Regulation Ever Come Out? Why More H-2B’s When America is “Full”? New Form Changes – Make Sure to Use the Right Forms to Avoid Rejection. (4/12/2019)
- Article: Immigration Procedure – 10 Possible Items Of Interest (2/19/2019)
- New H-1B Regulation “Registration Requirement For Petitioners Seeking To File H-1B Petitions On Behalf Of Cap-Subject Aliens” Becomes Final Changing The Order Of Selection But Delaying Pre-Registration System (2/1/2019)
- Article: The Art Of The Deal In Making The Wall (1/23/2019)
- Article: Comment on USCIS New H-1B Proposed Regulation (1/2/2019)
- Article “Comment on Flipping Selection Process of Regular and U.S. Masters or Higher Graduates” (12/31/2018)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on April 12, 2019 1. Would My Being on Food Stamps Affect Me Helping My Mother Get Residency? 2. Naturalization with DWI 3. Tax Filing Status For Illegal Spouse (4/12/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on April 7, 2019 1. I Wish to Give Up My Green Card As I Have Not Been Successful. What Effect Will That Have On My Family That Wants to Stay Here And How Do I Do It? 2. Having Difficulty Changing Schools on F-1 Visa – What To Do? 3. CBP Gave Me a Short Stay When I Reentered on H-1B Even Though I Have a New Visa. Why? 4. On H-1B Visa With Company A, Transfer Applied for by Company B, But Want to be With Company C – How Can I Solve This? (4/8/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on April 5, 2019 1. My Husband Moves Out After Filing I-485 for Employer Sponsored Green Card – Will I Still be Eligible As His Wife If Legally Married But Different Homes? 2. H1-B Extension With Approved I-485 Employment Authorization Document 3. My Boyfriend and I Are Getting Married Soon I’m Illegal He Wants to Get My Immigration Status Fix (4/5/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on March 29, 2019 1. What Information is Required on An Approved I-130? 2. I Am An Illegal Immigrant Living in the USA. Will Anyone at the Airport Check My Legal Status or Ask Me Questions? 3. Am I Qualified to Apply for Citizenship? (3/29/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on March 22, 2019 1. What To Do With My Aged Out Son’s Case? 2. What is the Fee for Removal of Conditional Green Card? 3. I Have a Felony and Would Like to Fix Papers for My Mother. Is That Possible? (3/22/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on March 15, 2019 1. CD1 Visa 2. Russian Citizen in Mexico 3. How Can I Help My Husband Get His Citizenship Here in the U.S.? (3/15/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on March 8, 2019 1. How Long Does It Take For a U.S. Citizen to Get a Green Card for Her Parents? 2. Can I Reopen My Husband’s I-130 So He Can Apply for the I-601 Waiver Within the U.S.? 3. I Have a Conditional Green Card Through Marriage, Which Ends This June. Recent DUI Charge Was Reduced to Reckless Driving. (3/8/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on March 3, 2019 1. Applied for EB-5 Investor Investment in 2017, and With The Line So Long, What Else Can I Do To Immigrate? I Am Major Owner of a Company in China. 2. What Are The Chances of Being Approved If Applying For H-1B Visa With a Small Tutoring Company? 3. How Should My Son Answer the DS-160 Question of Whether an Immigrant Visa Petition Has Been Filed for Him Where It Was Filed For Me And He Was Only Listed As a Member of My Family? 4. Can I Leave on Advance Parole If I Have Already Received a Notice of Intent to Deny My Adjustment of Status Application? (3/3/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on February 22, 2019 1. Can An Illegal Immigrant Become Legal After 13 Years of Living in the U.S.? 2. I’m On L-2 Dependent Visa and Want to Have a Work Permit to Work in U.S. 3. Clarification on The 3-Month Residency Requirement in the District When Submitting N-400. (2/22/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on February 15, 2019 1. EAD I-140 Compelling Circumstances 2. How to Change Tourist Visa to Work Visa? 3. Extension of B1/B2 Visa (2/15/2019)