Alan Lee & Arthur Lee, Attorneys at Law, is now open for in-person office appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. In-person office appointment consultation fees are $200. (Telephonic appointment fees will continue to be charged at our lower present rates).
We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; DACA; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status online with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee & Arthur Lee, Attorneys at Law!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: CLEAR BENEFICIAL CHANGES TO THE H-1B PROGRAM IN THE PROPOSAL (11/24/2023)
- Article: PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE EVIDENCE REQUIRED FOR ESTABLISHMENT OF H1B “SPECIALTY OCCUPATION”; CONTINUED RELIANCE ON OOH; EXPANDED AUTHORITY OF DHS TO COMPARE LCA POSITION WITH H1B PETITION, ETC. MEAN TIGHTENED ADJUDICATION STANDARDS. (11/21/2023)
- Article: THE LITANY OF ABUSES DESCRIBED BY USCIS TO THE H-1B PROGRAM BESIDES TO THE REGISTRATION SYSTEM IN THE PROPOSED RULE ARE EYE-OPENING. (11/17/2023)
- Article: THE NEW APPROACH TO THE H-1B REGISTRATION SYSTEM – WILL IT WORK? (11/14/2023)
- IMMIGRATION NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE – EAD’S INCREASED TO FIVE YEARS FOR MANY CATEGORIES – QUESTION; KEEPING STRAIGHT UKRAINIAN AND VENEZUELAN TPS TIMETABLES; USCIS ADJUDICATING DEPENDENT NONIMMIGRANT APPLICATIONS ALMOST SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH PRINCIPAL PETITIONS. (10/31/2023)
- ALAN LEE, ESQ. SUPER LAWYER FOR 2023 IN NEW YORK METRO AREA (10/23/2023)
- Arthur Lee, Esq. Q&As published on the World Journal Weekly on November 19, 2023 : Your spouse’s H-4 application becomes invalid as soon as you are approved as a permanent resident (11/19/2023)
- Arthur Lee, Esq. Q&As published on the World Journal Weekly on October 29, 2023 : 1. Work normally with curtain working visa may be able to go to school part-time 2. I-485 has been submitted and can only allow to leave the US under advance parole, or H, L status 3. You have an unrevoked approved I-140, may be eligible for a 3 year H-1B extension/transfer 4. It has been more than 180 days since I-485 was submitted then you can change your job (10/29/2023)
- Alan Lee, Esq. Q&As published on the World Journal Weekly on October 15, 2023 : 1. I have applied for the I-601 waiver of Communist Party membership and there should be no problem entering the country. 2. NIW processing time is usually about 12 months (10/15/2023)
- Arthur Lee, Esq. Q&As published on the World Journal Weekly on October 15, 2023 : 1. Company’s hiring freeze may affect PERM application 2. To apply for a PERM green card, the employer must be willing to hire full-time employees 3. To track for case processing times (10/15/2023)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on September 24, 2023: 1. I-140 has just been approved and I want to change jobs… 2. Apply for EB-1A on your own, not necessary need an employment letter (9/24/2023)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on September 10, 2023: 1. To be eligible for an EB-2 NIW, your endeavor should be beneficial to the US 2. Should I do an appeal or file a motion after my EB-1A was denied? 3. The duration of an H-1B visa depends on several factors (9/10/2023)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on August 27, 2023: Arthur Lee, Esq. Article: Requests for further evidence for submitted “missing” documents relating to current guidance for paper filed applications. Arthur Lee, Esq. Q&As: 1. The online query of PERM labor certification database is inaccurate 2. A showing of job applications in the United States is not normally required for an EB-1A petition. (8/27/2023)
- Arthur Lee, Esq. Q&As published on the World Journal Weekly on August 13, 2023 1. Applying for NIW must show you can advance the national interest 2. The filing of an I-140 petition may impact F-1 visa approval 3. USCIS may apply previously captured fingerprints to many new cases (8/13/2023)
- Arthur Lee, Esq. Q&As published on the World Journal Weekly on August 6, 2023 1. Laid off H-1B employee, where the employer did not withdraw the approved H-1B, may be able to have a successful H-1B transfer 2. When the H-1B was not approved, the H-1B lottery spot could not be preserved (8/6/2023)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on July 30, 2023: Article: 1. Where are all the I-601A cases going? 2. Watch out for distance learning. Q&As: 1. After receiving your permanent residence card, you do not need I-131 or I-765 2. It is a common situation that combo cards are not adjudicated together for all members of the family (7/30/2023)