We are a full-service law firm practicing exclusively in U.S. immigration & nationality laws for more than 35 years, including nonimmigrant and immigrant business visas, e.g H-1B, L-1, PERM, EB-1A, EB-1C; family-based cases; investment immigration; asylum; deportation and removal; other litigation/complex cases.
- Appointment with U.S.C.I.S. – make an appointment.
- Check your case on line with U.S.C.I.S.
- What to do if your case is outside normal processing time, there is a typographical error, you failed to get a notice from U.S.C.I.S., you did not get a document from U.S.C.I.S., or you did not receive your card.
- How to do a change of address with U.S.C.I.S.
- How to find a doctor for your immigration medical.
- How to locate a friend or relative who has been picked up by ICE.
- How to calculate your filing fees.
- EB-5 Immigrant Investor Regional Centers – Check list of registered EB-5 regional Centers with U.S.C.I.S.
- STEM Designated Degree Programs – For STEM List for F-1 Students eligible for 24 months OPT Extension.
- Check your FOIA request status on line with U.S.C.I.S.
Welcome to the immigration web site of Alan Lee, Esq.!
We hope that the information provided here will prove to be interesting and helpful to you. The articles and questions and answers will change periodically and reflect the spectrum of issues which run across the field of immigration law. Visa charts will be updated monthly.
In the event that you require our services after going through our website, please contact us.
- Article: Payment Of Fees Becomes More Restrictive At U.S.C.I.S.; Aliens Being Defrauded By DHS Look-Alikes; H-1B Denial Rates Show Need For Lawyers And Sharper Lawyering (4/25/2019)
- Article: Will EB-5 Regulation Ever Come Out? Why More H-2B’s When America is “Full”? New Form Changes – Make Sure to Use the Right Forms to Avoid Rejection. (4/12/2019)
- Article: Immigration Procedure – 10 Possible Items Of Interest (2/19/2019)
- New H-1B Regulation “Registration Requirement For Petitioners Seeking To File H-1B Petitions On Behalf Of Cap-Subject Aliens” Becomes Final Changing The Order Of Selection But Delaying Pre-Registration System (2/1/2019)
- Article: The Art Of The Deal In Making The Wall (1/23/2019)
- Article: Comment on USCIS New H-1B Proposed Regulation (1/2/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 17, 2019 1. Can I Fix Papers for My Mother And My Wife? 2. Would I Have Problem Transferring to a New Employer on May 15 2019 If My Current Employer Has Filed My H-1B Application on April 1st 2019? 3. Travel Back to Home Country After H-1B Max-Out. Can I Travel Back After H-1B Extension Approval (After I-140 Approval)? (5/17/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on May 12, 2019 1. What Can I Do When My H-1B Transfer Petition Gets a U.S.C.I.S. Request for Evidence and I Have Already Transferred to The New Employer? 2. Does A Step Relationship Survive a Divorce Where There Is A Remarriage? 3. What Should I Do With My Pending Asylum Case When I Am Now Married to a U.S. Citizen? 4. Daughter Gave Up the Green Card For Leaving the Country For Too Long – Can She Get It Back? (5/13/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 10, 2019 1. How Can My US Citizen Husband File A Visa For My Mother to Come to the U.S.? 2. Expired Working Visa 3. What’s My Best Option to File I-751 Form to Remove of Conditional Green Card? (5/10/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on May 3, 2019 1. Due Process And DNA, If An “Illegal” has Blood Native to American Soil, Are They Illegal or a US Citizen? 2. Is the Process of Conversion of Status From H-4 to F-1 Easy And If So, Is It Necessary to Get F-1 Visa As Well? 3. If My Visa Expires Today How Long Do I Have to Leave the Country? (5/3/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on April 19, 2019 1. I Am a Deported Lawful Permanent Resident. Can I Reapply Back to the U.S.? 2. Can a Green Card Holder Get Possibly Deported Because of a Minor Offense? 3. Do I Need to Refile LCA / I-129 for My H-1B ? (4/19/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on April 12, 2019 1. Would My Being on Food Stamps Affect Me Helping My Mother Get Residency? 2. Naturalization with DWI 3. Tax Filing Status For Illegal Spouse (4/12/2019)
- Q&A’s published on the World Journal Weekly on April 7, 2019 1. I Wish to Give Up My Green Card As I Have Not Been Successful. What Effect Will That Have On My Family That Wants to Stay Here And How Do I Do It? 2. Having Difficulty Changing Schools on F-1 Visa – What To Do? 3. CBP Gave Me a Short Stay When I Reentered on H-1B Even Though I Have a New Visa. Why? 4. On H-1B Visa With Company A, Transfer Applied for by Company B, But Want to be With Company C – How Can I Solve This? (4/8/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on April 5, 2019 1. My Husband Moves Out After Filing I-485 for Employer Sponsored Green Card – Will I Still be Eligible As His Wife If Legally Married But Different Homes? 2. H1-B Extension With Approved I-485 Employment Authorization Document 3. My Boyfriend and I Are Getting Married Soon I’m Illegal He Wants to Get My Immigration Status Fix (4/5/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on March 29, 2019 1. What Information is Required on An Approved I-130? 2. I Am An Illegal Immigrant Living in the USA. Will Anyone at the Airport Check My Legal Status or Ask Me Questions? 3. Am I Qualified to Apply for Citizenship? (3/29/2019)
- Q&A’s published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times on March 22, 2019 1. What To Do With My Aged Out Son’s Case? 2. What is the Fee for Removal of Conditional Green Card? 3. I Have a Felony and Would Like to Fix Papers for My Mother. Is That Possible? (3/22/2019)