Published on and the Epoch Times on March 23, 2018

Q & A.


What Forms Do I Need to File to Bring My Wife to America?

I met my girlfriend in American while attending the same University. She was an international student from Mexico. I am an American citizen. We plan to marry in Mexico and bring her to America to eventually apply for a green card.

Mr. Lee answers:

If you marry in Mexico, you could take steps to bring her to the U. S. by filing form I-130 petition for alien relative with U.S.C.I.S. If you are holding legal status in Mexico, you may have the choice of whether to file with U.S.C.I.S. in Mexico instead of the Chicago lockbox of U.S.C.I.S. The agency has offices in Mexico City, Ciudad Juarez, and Monterrey. The reason for which individuals may wish to file at U.S.C.I.S. offices overseas is the usually shorter period of waiting for the spouse to immigrate. 


Family Based Green Card

I'm a green card holder since 2015 and would like to know what is the process to bring my parents and brother to live in USA with me. My parents turn 65 yrs this year and my brother will turn 36. I'm single and they live in Mexico.

Mr. Lee answers:

You would have to be a U. S. citizen to assist your parents and your brother to permanently immigrate to the U. S.  You would file I-130 petitions for alien relative for all of them at the Chicago lockbox of U.S.C.I.S. when you become a citizen. Based upon today’s situation, processing for your parents would take approximately one year and your brother 11-12 years. If your brother has alternate ways of immigration, he may wish to explore those in light of the long period of time that it will take him to immigrate. 



I Want to Bring a Young Man From Overseas to America for My Business.

I need to know the process and how to fill out the paper work correctly. Can you help?

Mr. Lee answers:

The process would depend upon the qualifications of the young man, your business, and your aims. He may be eligible for a nonimmigrant visa or permanent green card depending upon the above. You should seek a consultation with an immigration lawyer to go over the options. 





Copyright © 2003-2018 Alan Lee, Esq.
The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of the Law Office of Alan Lee or establish an attorney-client relationship.


  View Alan Lee's profile

 View Alan Lee's LinkedIn profileView Alan Lee's profile