- 2013-06-05 - Article - A Sense of Timing on Available Numbers Under Senate Bill 744 (Comprehensive Immigration reform) - in Interpreter Releases, Vol.90, No. 20 (May 20, 2013). Reprinted by permission of West, a Thomson business. Interpreter Release is the leading weekly immigration law periodical featuring in-depth, comprehensive analysis and authoritative coverage of legislation and regulations, cases, and agency guidance.
- 2013-03-08 - Article "Notes From the 2/26/13 U.S.C.I.S. Teleconference on I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers." as published in the Immigration
Daily on March 8, 2013
- 2013-03-02 - Article "Notes From the 2/26/13 U.S.C.I.S. Teleconference on I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers." (English)
- 2013-02-27 - Law Firm BIA Victory Written About in Premier Immigration Law Publication, Interpreter Releases (English)
- 2013-01-22 - Article "I-601A Summary and Comment" as published in the Immigration
Daily on January 21,2013
- 2013-01-21 - Article - I-601A Summary and Comment (English)
- 2012-12-05 - Article "
H.R. 6429 Another Zero Sum Game That Does Not Have To Be, Disturbing News For China EB-5 Picture, More Reason To Appeal USCIS Decisions" as published in the Immigration
Daily on December 5, 2012
- 2012-07-02 - Article "Arizona v. United States a Decision for Immigrant Rights." as published in the Immigration
Daily on July 2, 2012
- 2012-06-05 - Article "I-601 Provisional Waiver Moving Forward As Public Comment Period Ends." as published in the Immigration
Daily on June 4, 2012
- 2012-06-02 - Article - I-601 Provisional Waiver Moving Forward As Public Comment Period Ends.
- 2012-05-29 - Article "Recent Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals (BALCA) Decisions of Interest." as published in the Immigration
Daily on May 29, 2012
- 2012-05-25 - Article - Recent Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals (BALCA) Decisions of Interest (English)
- 2012-03-30 - Article - "Examination of EB-2 Visa Demand Vis-a-Vis H.R. 3012" (Part 3) (English)
- 2012-03-27 - Article - "Examination of EB-2 Visa Demand Vis-a-Vis H.R. 3012" (Part 2) (English)
- 2012-03-23 - Article - "Examination of EB-2 Visa Demand Vis-a-Vis H.R. 3012" (Part 1) (English)
- 2012-02-23 - Article - "H-1B'S To Move Faster; Perm Approval Stats Down; AAO Adjudication Times Too Long; L-1 Visas Using Reciprocity Schedule Instead Of Petition Validity Dates; China Non-Immigrant Visa Processing Speeding Up.
" as published in the Immigration
Daily on February 21, 2012.
- 2012-01-23 - Article - "Updates on Immigration: PERM Stats, New Mexico Driver's Licenses, and USCIS Notice of Intent"
as published in the Immigration
Daily on January 23, 2012
- 2012-01-07 - Article - U.S.C.I.S. Issues Notice of Intent to Issue Rule to Allow EWI Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens to File and Have I-601 Waiver Applications Adjudicated in U.S. Before They Decide to Interview Overseas for Immigration. (English)
- 2012-01-04 - Article "Exiting the Year on H.R. 3012, K-1/K-2 Issues, and H-1B Marketing Manager/Marketing Research Positions Contretemps." as published in the Immigration
Daily on January 3, 2012
- 2011-12-29 - Article - Exiting the Year on H.R. 3012, K-1/K-2 Issues, and H-1B Marketing Manager/Marketing Research Positions Contretemps. (English)
- 2011-11-21 - Alan Lee's Nonprecedent AAO Victory Finding Extreme Hardship and Granting Fraud Waiver to Wife of USC, as Digested and Published in Interpreter Releases, Vol.88, No. 42 (October 31, 2011), the leading weekly immigration law periodical.
- 2011-11-18 - Article "Notes On Hot Topics In Immigration Law" as published in the Immigration
Daily on November 14, 2011
- 2011-11-11 - Article - Prosecutorial Discretion, Deferred Action, K-1 Initial Evidence, Consular Administrative Delays, 12/21/00 Physical Presence Not Required for CSPA Derivatives, Timely Retraction of Misrepresentation, Self-Sponsorship Where Law Requires Substitute Financial Sponsor, Etc. (English)
- 2011-10-27 - Article - U.S.C.I.S. EB-5 Quarterly Stakeholder Engagement Yields Some Answers to EB-5 Processing. (English)
- 2011-10-11 - Alan Lee's Nonprecedent BIA Case Removing Frivolous Political Asylum Finding Against Derivative's Child, as Digested in Interpreter Releases, Vol.88, No. 36 (September 19, 2011), the leading weekly immigration law periodical.
- 2011-09-15 - Article - "Motions To Reopen Requiring Exercise Of Prosecutorial Discretion - Should They Be Treated More Kindly Under Administration's New Policy? Filing I-130 Petitions Overseas With U.S.C.I.S. Now; Entry Without Inspection (EWI) With Inability To Immigrate May Have Solution
" as published in the Immigration
Daily on September 12, 2011
- 2011-09-01 - Article - "Administration Puts Secure Communities Imbroglio To Rest With Prosecutorial Discretion Applicability To 300,000 National Immigration Court Caseload
" as published in the Immigration
Daily on August 31, 2011
- 2011-08-17 - Article - "September Visa Bulletin Shows Significant Gains In F-2A And EW-3 Categories And Raises Questions Concerning Prior Retrogression Dates" as published in the Immigration
Daily on August 16, 2011
- 2011-06-21 - Article - "ICE Halfway Solution Not The Answer To Secure Communities Problem
" as published in the Immigration
Daily on June 20, 2011
- 2011-06-08 - Alan Lee Speaks on Immigration to United Chinese Association of Brooklyn on May 15th Concerning L-1A Intracompany Transfers, EB-5 Investment, and PERM Labor Certifications. (Part 3) (English)
- 2011-06-06 - Alan Lee Speaks on Immigration to United Chinese Association of Brooklyn on May 15th Concerning L-1A Intracompany Transfers, EB-5 Investment, and PERM Labor Certifications. (Part 2) (English)
- 2011-06-03 - Alan Lee Speaks on Immigration to United Chinese Association of Brooklyn on May 15th Concerning L-1A Intracompany Transfers, EB-5 Investment, and PERM Labor Certifications. (Part 1) (English)
- 2011-05-15 - Article - "Ten Interesting Tidbits to Help or Let You Understand Your Immigration Case
"as published in World Journal Weekly on May 15, 2011
- 2011-04-25 - Article - "Some Of The More Recent Department Of Homeland Security Immigration Related Programs, Systems, Added Requirements And Internet Inspections With Which You Should Be Familiar
" as published in the Immigration
Daily on March 31, 2011
- 2011-03-20 - Article -Important Developments in Labor Certification Applications, Part III
- 2011-03-13 - Article -Important Developments in Labor Certification Applications, Part II
- 2011-03-06 - Mr. Lee's Article -Important Developments in Labor Certification Applications, Part I
- Article - Important Developments in Labor Certification Application - in Interpreter Releases, Vol.88, No. 6 (February 7, 2011). Reprinted by permission of West, a Thomson business. Interpreter Release is the leading weekly immigration law periodical featuring in-depth, comprehensive analysis and authoritative coverage of legislation and regulations, cases, and agency guidance.
- Article - The Renewed Hope for Immigration Legislation in 2011. - in Interpreter Releases, Vol.88, No. 2 (January 10, 2011). Reprinted by permission of West, a Thomson business. Interpreter Release is the leading weekly immigration law periodical featuring in-depth, comprehensive analysis and authoritative coverage of legislation and regulations, cases, and agency guidance.
- 2011-01-30 - Article -The Renewed Hope for Immigration Legislation in 2011.
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 12/27/2013
1.What Kind of Document Do I Need to Get Married?
2.E-1 Spouse Question
3.How Can I Establish an Identity Without a Birth Certificate or Passport?
4.How Can My Wife Change Her Visa Status From F2 to F1 When Her Visa is Expired?
- December 22, 2013
1.Elderly Person Wants to Bring Over a Nurse on Nonimmigrant Visa or Immigrant Visa to Take Care of Him – Possibilities?
2.Reader who Renounced U. S. Citizenship and Committed a Felony in Canada Asks How He Can Reenter U. S. Temporarily.
3.Parents’ USC Child Soon Turning 21 and Parents Wish to Know the Procedure for Sponsorship, Especially Where the Son is a Student and Has Very Little Income for Support.
4.Asylee Wants to Marry Girlfriend and Give Her Follow to Join Asylum Privileges.
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 12/20/2013
1.If I Apply for Financial Aid, Will It Affect Anything When I Apply for 10 Years Green Card Later?
2.Can I File for Change of Status As Abandoned Spouse?
3.Green Card and Traveling as Asylee
4.My Green Card Needs to be Renewed but 18 Years Ago I Was Convicted of a Felony
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 12/13/2013
1.Will I be Responsible for Medical Bills in Case of Emergency If I Sign an I-134 Affidavit of Support?
2.Can I Apply for USA Papers? If so, How?
3.I Didn’t Show for a Jury Duty Call-in Reporting
4.I Am Currently Holding A H-1B Visa. Can I Take Flight Training/Lesson from Flight School or Local Airport?
- December 8, 2013
1.Daughter’s Green Card is not yet Expired Although She Hasn’t Been Back to U. S. Since 2006 – Can She Reenter the Country Now With the Green Card?
2.Friend Wonders If Undisclosed Arrest in Taiwan for an Illegal Entry and Stay Will Give Problems to Her in the Future Under U. S. Immigration Law.
3.Reader Moved to California for Study and Asks Whether She Should File for Naturalization in California or Utah, Where She is From.
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 12/6/2013
1.Need to Stay Long Term for Kids Medical Treatment
Can I Still Apply for Green Card?
I Have Filed for a Divorce From my Husband and Moved into a Hotel. I Want to Know If a Hotel Address is Valid From Immigration's Perspective.
My Wife Applied for Her Green Card As a Dependent but Under Her Own Family Name (Passport). We Now Have the Cards, Can She Take My Name and How?
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 11/29/2013
1.How Can I Get Green Card with Overstayed Waiver Visa (esta) and Lost I-94 Form, If I'm Getting Married With My Boyfriend?
Can Someone Who is Out of Status in the US Get F2 Visa?
Do We Need to Re-apply If My Fiancee and I Canceled the Immigrant Visa Papers?
Can I File Form I-130, I-485 and I-765 All At the Same Time?
- November 24, 2013
1.F-1 Student Who Stopped Going to School and is now in Immigration Proceedings Asks Whether He Can Seek Reinstatement to F-1 Student Status.
2.Reader Has Conditional Green Card Through Marriage, But is Having Trouble with the Marriage, and Wonders How It Will Affect His Getting the Final Green Card.
3.24 Years Old and Sneaked into the U. S. Long Ago Now Wants to Marry a U. S. Citizen – How to Apply for Green Card?
4.Entered U. S. in 2005, Is Married With 2 Children, 23 Years Old and Finished High School. What Can She Do?
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 11/22/2013
1.Can a F1 OPT Status Individual Start a Small Business?
Can I use Husband's Account?
What is the Punishment for Marrying an Illegal Alien So He Doesn't Get Deported?
Does One Have to be Employed at the Moment of Filing Affidavit of Support?
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 11/15/2013
1.Waiting for Green Card Long Time for No Reason
2.If Someone was Deported from USA as He Overstayed a Tourist Visa and Was Deported Later From US More Than 10 Years Ago.
3.I am a Citizen of United States. I Want to Apply for My Parent to Come to US. Is It Possible to Do It Without Sponsoring Them, Can They Show Money?
4.Legal Name Change After Marriage but No Status Right Now
- November 10, 2013
1.Adopted Child in U. S. Wants to Know How to Stay for 2 Years Required for Proving Physical Residence With Adopting Parent Under Adoption Immigration Case.
2.Wife Wants to Know What to do with Cheating Husband Who Just Came Back to U. S. With Green Card.
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 11/8/2013
1.Permanent Resident Filed I-130 for Husband Who Entered the USA Having B-2 Visa. Petition Has Been Approved in February 1 2013. What Should I Do?
2.My I-20 is Expired. Can I Apply for Visitor Visa?
3.If You Are Being Petitioned Through Marriage, Do You Have to Leave the Country?
4.What Steps Would I Need to Take in Order to Bring My Girlfriend From the Philippines to Live with Me in the States?
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 11/1/2013
1.What Financial Document(s) Should We Send to My Mom for Sponsoring Her, While She is Visiting Us Here?
2.Can I Apply for Status Change?
3.Can I Stay If My H-4 is Denied & Appeal is Pending Since 6 Months?
4.Do I Have the Right As a US Citizen to Have my Wife's Citizenship Revoked if She Became Pregnant With Other Man's Child While We Were Married?
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 10/25/2013
1.What Status Am I in the United States?
2.Can I Have My Husband's Mistress Deported That Is In the US on A Tourist Visa?
3.When Can My Mom's Immigration Visa be Approved After a Sponsor is Found?
4.H-1B Transfer- Employer
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 10/18/2013
1.Can I File at the US Embassy for Reentry Permit for All of My Family?
3.Question Regarding Last Action Rule in Case of H-1B and H4 Becoming Valid on Same Date
4.L-1B RFE Moved to H-1B
- October 13, 2013
1.Parents Who Immigrated Through USC Son Want to Know Options for Petitioning for Their Daughter.
2.Parents Who Just Immigrated Wonder Whether One of Them or Both of Them or Their USC Daughter Should Petition for Their 2 Sons.
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 10/11/2013
1.When I Start the Petition for a K1 Visa for my Fiancé Will She Still be Able to Come Visit Me While It Is Being Processed?
2.Will I Get Denied for Green Card Renewal If I've Invited My Mother to the USA and She Stayed Here With Expired Visa?
3.Am I Still Eligible For J1 Visa After Given A Favorable Recommendation For A Year Home Residence Requirement?
4.When Can I Leave the Country After I Get My Non-immigrant Visa?
- October 6, 2013
1.Will Conviction for Morals Crime Endanger Green Card or Later Citizenship?
2.Reader Wonders if She Has to Leave the U. S. Where USC Husband has Filed Papers for Her.
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 10/04/2013
1.Can Deferred Action Person Qualify for Adjustment of Status I-130?
2.DO I Eligible for H1B CAP Exempt, Please Help Me.
3.Do I Have the Right to Reclaim that Fee?
4.I Became Permanent Resident in 2010, Have Been Married for 20 Years. My Husband is in Undocumented Status. We File Taxes Separately. May I Petition Him?
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 9/27/2013
1.Can I Change My B2 Tourist Visa While in USA to a F1 Student Visa.
2.I am Getting Married With an US Citizen While on a J1 Visa. Can I Still Work Until My Work Permit Expires?
3My I-539 Was Denied and My I-94 Has Expired, What Can I Do? Please Help.
4.What is the Best Immigration Form or Approach
- September 15, 2013
1.Uncle With False Marriage Who Is Now Married To A U. S. Citizen With 3 Children Will Soon Be Deported – Any Solution?
Reader Wishes to Clarify NVC Procedure on F-2B Petition For Unmarried 33-Year-Old Daughter
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 9/13/2013
1.Do I Need a New Medical Exam for My I-485 Petition?
2.Seeking an Advice
3.Issue During H1B Transfer Due to School Shut Down
4.I've Filed for my Citizenship, Would I be Able to Transfer to Another State While my Naturalization is in Process or Will it Delay It?
- September 8, 2013
1.Reader Wishes to Clarify Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Length vis-à-vis OPT and What to do Until 10/1/13 Since There is a Problem with OPT and the H-1B Has Been Approved.
2.In H-1 Transfer, Can the Reader Work As Soon As the Lawyer Sends Out the Paperwork or Should He/She Wait Until the Receipt Comes Out?
F-2 Holder Going to College Without F-1 Status Worries That This May Give Him/Her Problems.
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 9/6/2013
1. If I get a Divorced, Is There a Possibility of Still Becoming a Legal Resident?
2. How to Deal with Concurrent K1 Visa and DV Lottery Applications?
3. Adjustment of Status
4. Can I Travel Outside the US with an EAD Card and Re-enter?
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 8/30/2013
1. How I Get Green Card by Making Investment in U.S.
2. What Paper Work Should a Chinese Citizen Bring to the US to Marry an American Citizen
3. Will I Get a Work Permit While Waiting for an Answer of My Application for a Waiver of the Two Years Home Residency?
Green Card, Full Time Student in USA, Adjust Status
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 8/23/2013
1. Business Partner is Illegal
2. Can I Apply for Removal of Conditions of My Green Card if I'm Divorced from My USC Petitioner After 1 and a Half Year of Marriage?
4. Voting & Citizenship?
- August 18, 2013
1. Reader has Conditional Green Card Based on Marriage, and is Afraid that the Proof of Real Marriage Will not be Enough for the I-751. What will Happen If Not Enough?
2. Fiancée is Too Busy to Meet Reader in China, So Can He Board an Airplane to the States or Come As a Student?
Friend Wonders if Undisclosed Arrest in Taiwan for an Illegal Entry and Stay Will Give Problems to Her in the Future Under U. S. Immigration Law.
4.Reader Moved to California for Study and Asks Whether She Should File for Naturalization in California or Utah, Where She is From.
5.Reader who Renounced U. S. Citizenship and Committed a Felony in Canada Asks How He Can Reenter U. S. Temporarily.
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 8/16/2013
1. Is it True That an Immigrant Can Buy a House for Over $500,000 in U.S. to Get a Green Card?
2. Civil Lawsuits and Naturalization Process
3. H-1B Visa Stamping
4. Can I Work With an A# and Not My Actual Green Card?
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 8/9/2013
1. Can a Kid Brought to the USA by His Parents on a Visa, Apply to Stay Here Legally?
2. Selective Service
3. Can an Illegal Woman Apply for Citizenship if Her Children Are American Citizens?
4. Will I Need to Get a Medical Exam if I Am Not the Immigrant?
- August 6, 2013
1. Mother Petitioned for Daughter in 2006, Returned Home, and Has Not Come Back. Effect on Daughter’s Case?
2. What is the Process for the New Baby Born After the I-130 Petition has been Filed and Approved for the Son?
- Q&A's published on Lawyers.com and the Epoch Times- 8/2/2013
1. Has or Does Immigration Ever Grant a Waiver of Time in Residency for Citizenship?
2. How Can I Get my Husband Legal?
3. What to Do When I Pay for a Lawyer Service but Did not Receive the Service?
- July 7, 2013
1.Father Wants To Apply For 2nd Child In China Not In Household Registration.
2. Reader Has Won Political Asylum In Asylum Office And Wonders Where Is His EAD?
Couple Who Won Withholding Of Removal In Court Asks Where They Can Obtain A-10 Cards.
- June 30, 2013
1. In False Marriage for Green Card Where Beneficiary is Already US Citizen, What Can be Done Where Petitioner is Now Motivated to Confess?
2. Boyfriend with US Citizen Child Deported Four Years Ago was Previously Deported – Can He Come Back?
Can Divorced Wife Obtain a Copy of the Immigration File of Ex-husband that She Sponsored for the Green Card?
- June 16, 2013
1. Can Visa Lottery Winner Marry and Add Husband to Application After Her Immigrant Visa Interview at US Consulate?
2. Can 20-year-old Son Benefit Where Father Files for Political Asylum but Court Date is not Until 2015?
What are the Birth Record Requirements and Who Can Translate the Document?
- May 19, 2013
1. Sibling of U. S. Citizen had Interview in 2011, Priority Date Backlogged, and Is Now Current – What to Do Now?
2. How to Expedite Aged Out Son’s F –2B Case, and Can the CSPA Help at This Time?
- May 12, 2013
U. S. Citizen Son Wants to Marry Taiwanese Girlfriend – Can She Come Over on the Visa Waiver Program to Be Married?
- April 28, 2013
1.Is Reader Automatically U. S. Citizen Where Father was U. S. Citizen Before Reader was Born?
What to do if the B-2 Visa Extension Approval Notice is Lost?
3.U. S. Citizen Wants Older Sister to Visit and Wants to Know What She Needs to Do
Can Spouse of U. S. Citizen who Sneaked into the Country and has 3 children Qualify for I- 601A Application and Can He Stay in U. S. until Getting His Green Card?
- April 21, 2013
Retired Widower has Met Retired Lady in Guangzhou and Asks the Best Way for Her to Come Over
- April 7, 2013
1. F-1 Student, Dropped out of School, Arrested by ICE, in Removal Proceedings, Went Back to School – Can He be Reinstated to F-1 Status?
Previous Sponsor of K-1 Fiancée Petition Wants to File Another. Restrictions?
H-1B Holder At Computer Consulting Company Asks If He Can Go To Canada To Obtain Visa Stamp
Reader Asks General Question of Whether Can Obtain Green Card If in the U. S. Illegally
- March 17, 2013
K-4 Dependent Whose Mother Married When K-4 Was 18 Wants To Know What To Do As He Has Received Multiple Rejections For The Green Card
- March 11, 2013
1. Reader Asked Whether He Can Naturalize and Then Retire in China
2. Reader Asks Whether There is Visa Fraud Involved in Coming to U. S. on Visitor’s Visa to Visit Girlfriend and Discuss Possibility of Marriage with Her Brother
3.Can the Brother Sponsor His Deceased Brother’s Wife and Child for Immigration as He Has Treated the Nephew as His Own?
- February 10, 2013
1. My Petitioner Father Passed Away Between the Time of Immigrant Visa Interview and My Coming to U.S. - Is My Green Card Valid?
2. Younger Sister's Son is Studying in U.S. and Sister Who is F-4 Beneficiary With 2009 Priority Date Wants to Know If She Can Stay in U.S. with Him Until Graduation or Even Until Priority Date is Current. Asks Also How Son Can Get Green Card Himself?
What is Next Step for Female Mother of Two Children Entering U.S. Under B-2 Visa in 1993 At Age of 15 and Mother With U.S. Citizenship Applied for Her in November 2006?
- February 3, 2013
1. Elderly Couple Holding Green Cards Less Than 15 Years Wish to Naturalize Without Taking the Test in English
2.What is Taking so Long on Son's Case with Approved F-1 Petition as Unmarried Adult Son of U.S. Citizen where Immigration Called to Inform in March 2012 that All Sent to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou and to Wait for Son's Interview?
- December 30, 2012
1. Will my Last Green Card Application Sponsored by my Stepdaughter that was Rejected or Denied Affect a Future Application If I Marry a U.S. Citizen Following My Divorce?
2. Does a Child Have to File for a New Green Card at the Age of 14 When He Just Received a New 10-year Green Card Two Years Ago?
- December 26, 2012
1. What to do for Brother of U.S. Citizen with Approved I-130 Sibling Petition and Two USC Children who Stayed in U.S. Over 10 Years Illegally, had Order of Deportation, and Returned Voluntarily to China in 2009? What to do About His Wife Who is Illegal in States and Also has Order of Deportation.
2. Mother's Green Card Expired While Overseas - What Can She Do Now?
- October 28, 2012
1. Reader and Girlfriend Plan to Get Married and for Her to Adjust Status When She Arrives on Travel Visa - Is There a Danger?
2. While Being Petitioned by Green Card Parent, Son Gets Married but Then Divorced - Effect on Petition? Other Available Options?
- October 14, 2012
Reader Asks Whether She Can Do a Waiver Application of Her Husband's Crime by Herself or If She Must Hire an Attorney.
- September 30, 2012
1. Green Card Holder Through Asylum Wants to Bring Husband That She Divorced and Remarried After Asylum was Granted to the States Under Follow to Join Asylum Provision.
2. Candidate for Obama I-601A Waiver is EWI Wife with One Child and Husband Who May Naturalize.
- September 23, 2012
Divorced and Immigrated as Single Daughter Over the Age of 21 of USC Wants to Know if She Can Safely Remarry Ex-husband and Apply for His Immigration.
- September 16, 2012
1.Sister in Taiwan Wants to Give up U.S. Citizenship - What to do?
Husband and Wife with G-4 Status want Immigration as Retired UN Workers, but Wonder if USC Son's Sponsorship is Easier; also Husband has Crime in Hong Kong and Wonders how He can Get the Green Card.
- September 2, 2012
1.Parents Pine for Son Who Aged Out - New Hope Under the CSPA Says the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Reader Put Immigration Court Case in New York Even Though He's Living and Working in Georgia and Judge Wants Him to Put in Application That Would Show Where He Lives. What to Do?
- August 19, 2012
1.What can Happen If Persons Sponsored Under I-864 Affidavits of Support Take Means Tested Benefits
Will Drunk Driving Record a Few Years Ago Keep Inquirer's Friend from Becoming Citizen?
Person who Entered Without Inspection and is Getting Married to U.S. Citizen has Opportunity for Immigration Under Administration Plan for Provisional I-601 Waiver
- August 12, 2012
Green Cards Expired – Will Immigration Give Hard Time if We File for Replacement Green Cards Now?
- August 5, 2012
1. Reader who Transited Without Visa and Was Paroled Asks if He can Adjust Status to Permanent Residence as He is Married to U.S. Citizen in Bonafide Marriage.
2. Things Still Watch Out for in Changing to J-1 Exchange Visitor Status
3. Reader a Candidate for Obama Administration I-601A Waiver and Overseas Interview
- July 29, 2012
Will Drunk Driving Record a Few Years Ago Keep Inquirer's Friend from Becoming Citizen?
- July 15, 2012
Why Was Reader Told to Wait 1-2 Years by NVC When Fee Bill was Paid Long Time Ago?
- July 8, 2012
Naturalized U.S. Citizen Wants to Bring High-school Student Daughter to U.S. by Presenting Her at U.S. Airport and Explain Parentage There. Good Plan?
- June 6, 2012
1. Stepchild Does Not Necessarily Have to be Under 18 at the Time of Parent's Marriage to USC to Get a Green Card.
2. U.S. Citizen Threatening to Withdraw Spouse's Application to Turn Temporary Green Card into Permanent Green Card Because of Argument - What to Do?
3. L-1 Intracompany Transferee Switching Companies and How it Affects L-1 and L-2 Holder.
- May 27, 2012
1. Reviving a Chinese Student Protection Act (6/4) Green Card Case Denied in 1993.
2. With Case in Immigration Court, Possible Consequences Where She Will Marry U.S. Citizen, and Wants to Petition for Son that She Never Told Court Existed.
- May 20, 2012
1. What to Do If Your Husband is a Bigamist and You Still Wish to Sponsor Him.
2. Rules on Taking the Naturalization Test in Your Own Language If You Are Elderly.
- April 22, 2012
1.EB-5 Investor Wants to Know How to Preserve His Green Card If He Does Not Stay in the U.S. Very Long.
2. What Are the Options Now for B-2 Entrant Who Wants to Stay and Be Sponsored for H-1B Status?
3.Reader Wonders Whether Criminal History Will Affect His Renewing of His 10 Year Green Card.
- March 18, 2012
Sister Wants to Apply for Brother and Two Children 19 and 14 and Wonders if Petition will Hamper Children's Getting F-1 Visas from School
- March 11, 2012
1.What Are the Options for LPR's Leaving the U.S. for More Than A Year Without Reentry Permits - Can They Obtain a Waiver and Keep the Green Card?
2. H-1B Holder Nearing Six Year H-1B Maximum Has Employer Now Willing to Sponsor for Green Card and Another Company Willing to Pay More Money - Of What Should She Be Aware?
- February 26, 2012
1.How Will H.R. 3012 Affect Those From Countries Other Than China and India Who Have Pending Employment Based Applications?
2. Reader is H-1B Holder at Cap Exempt University and Wants to Know Options If He Transfers H-1B to Private Company Which Requires H-1B Cap Number. When Can He Work?
- January 29, 2012
1. What to Put Down on N-400 Naturalization Form When Spouse is Illegal?
2. Can My Mother Make a Successful B-2 Visitors Visa Application; and If So, How Long Can She Stay?
3. Can Person Granted Withholding of Removal Obtain Social Security Benefits for Time Before the Withholding Grant; and Can He be Sponsored for Green Card by USC Son?
- January 1, 2012
1. USC Wants to Apply K-1 Fiancée Visa for First Cousin
2. Extraordinary Artist is Presenting Second Employment Letter from Same Source for I-485 Application to U.S.C.I.S. $35,000 Less Than the First Letter - Will He Be Denied?
3. Reader Had Exclusion Proceedings, Section 245 (i) Protection, and Fake U.S. Passport to Falsely Claim U.S. Citizenship, and Wants to Know If He Can Adjust Status to Permanent Residence.
4.EB-5 Potential Investor Wants to Buy Existing Business From Friend Who is Retiring or Go Through a Regional Investment Center Project - What are the Factors in Making Choice?
- December 11, 2011
Reader with Immigration Case on Appeal Asks Whether She Can be Sponsored by Brother-in-law or Cousin-in-law; If She Qualifies for the 10-Year Green Card; or Under the New U.S.C.I.S. Policy Memo.
- November 27, 2011
1. Potential Immigrant Investor Wants Assurance that He Will Finally Get the Green Card and At Least Most of His Money Back. How Can These be Guaranteed?
Reader Asks the Best Way to Handle Final Phase of Immigration to Accommodate Husband Staying in China With a Good Position When She Herself May Be Sent Overseas Soon by Petitioning Company.
- November 20, 2011
1. I-485 Adjustment of Status Pending, Principal Husband Wants Divorce from Dependent Wife. What Can Wife Do?
Potential EB-5 Investor Worries Over U.S. Residence Requirement for Green Card Holders.
Readers with Deportation Orders and Over 10 Years Residence in U.S. and Nine Year-old USC Child Ask if They Can Apply for 10 Year Green Cards.
4. 21st Century Meets Old Law as Couple Plans to have Baby Conceived Through Husband's Sperm in China and to Later Bring the Baby to the States.
- November 13, 2011
U.S.C.I.S. Discussing Possibility of I-601 Filing in the U.S. for Persons Having to Interview at Consulates for Immigrant Visas Could Help Reader who Sneaked Into the U.S. and Married U.S. Citizen.
- October 30, 2011
1.What are possibilities of EB-13 Immigration for Canadian with L-1 status and small company?
2.LPR Parents Wish to Give Up Green Cards and Re-immigrate in Eight Years- Viable Plan?
- September 25, 2011
Reader on Appeal from P-3 Extension Denial Wishes to Apply Under EB-1A Extraordinary Alien Classification and Wants to Know His Chances.
- September 4, 2011
Experienced Cook Who Just Came to U.S. Wonders How Long to Immigrate Through Restaurant Sponsorship.
- August 28, 2011
Reader Has Developmentally Slow Child of Three, Been Here 10 Years Plus, and Wants to Know the Chances for 10-Year Green Card.
- August 14, 2011
1.K-2 Denied at Interview for Adjustment of Status Because of No Relationship with Stepparent and Now Almost 22 Years Old Has a New Chance.
2. I-130 Petitioner Mother Passed Away - Reader Asks How to Save the Case and If Beneficiary's Family Can Obtain Visiting Visas.
3. Asylee Dependent Wonders if Naturalization Denial was Proper and Whether She Can Get Her I-94 Card Back.
- July 31, 2011
1. What Are the Options for F-1 Student Falling Out of Status?
Can Reader with Final Exclusion Order Apply for 10 Year Green Card or Reopen His Case or Gain Dependent Asylum Status Through Wife?
Can My Sisters in Taiwan and Japan that I Sponsored for Immigration Come to the U.S. During the Waiting Time?
- June 26, 2011
1. Reader Entered Legally with Mom at Age 14, was Sponsored by Brother and Mother, Now 19 and Going to School - Asks if She Can Apply for a Working Visa.
Sneaked into the U.S. 10 Years Ago, Never Arrested, and Asks About Marriage Green Card and Eligibility for Political Asylum.
Reader's Family Told Truth that Brother Sponsored by Mother Married Before Mother Naturalized and Wants to Know if Case can be Saved.
- June 12, 2011
1. Good Friend Wants Daughter to Attend High School in San Francisco. How to Do It?
2. Low Income's Effect on Naturalization and Sponsoring Husband.
The Rules of Cross Chargeability Speeding Up an Employment Based Green Card Case.
- May 29, 2011
Where Labor Certification of Parent was Applied in 2000 but Child was 22 at Time of Approval, Can She Still Qualify as Child Under CSPA or if not, Can She Still Qualify to Adjust Status Under Section 245(i) Where Another Petition is Later Filed for Her?
- May 15, 2011
1. EB-5 Investor on a Visitor's Visa Wants to Know How to Stay Legally While Petition is Being Adjudicated
2. What Are the Best Options for a U.S. Citizen to Bring His Girlfriend to the States?
3. EB-5 Investment May Allow Son to Immigrate Even Though Only Four Months to Age 21 and Normally Would Age-out.
4. Widow of U.S. Citizen Relying on His Retirement Pay Wants to Know What Will Happen if She Remarries and Sponsors a Chinese National.
- May 8, 2011
1. I Just Retired and My Wife and I Want to Immigrate to the States - How Do We Do It?
2. What to do About the Affidavit of Support Since We Are on Unemployment? Can We Count Unemployment As Part of Income? What Counts Towards Income for Support - Only W-2's?
- April 17, 2011
1. Can My Friend who Became a Permanent Resident Through Asylum Seven Years Ago and Cannot Pass His Naturalization Test Return to China for a Visit?
2. How Can I Expedite Our Bonafide Marriage Case Which Was Just Turned Down by the Guangzhou Consulate and Should I Continue my Wife's Daughter's Case?
- March 27, 2011
1. Can A-10 Card Holder Not Able to Adjust Status be Interviewed Overseas and Return with the Green Card?
2. Can I Adjust Status to Permanent Residence As the Wife of a U.S. Citizen if I Entered the U.S. Holding C-1 and D-1 Visas?
3. Can Our Daughter Still Immigrate With the Old Priority Date from Petition Filed When She Was Unmarried Once I Become a U.S. Citizen Since She Was Forced by China's Family Planning Policy to Register a Marriage After She Became Pregnant?
- February 20, 2011
1.Green Card Has No Expiration Date. Is It Still Valid?
2.I Am U.S. Citizen with a Boyfriend in China. What Are Our Options?
3.As F-1 Student with Much Working Experience, Please Evaluate My Options for Immigration Through Work.
- February 13, 2011
Nephew in Psychiatric Hospital with Previous Arrest and Jailing for Drug Possession Has Expiring Green Card - What Should He Do?
- January 30, 2011
How to Apply Siblings to Immigrate to the U.S.?
- January 23, 2011
1. Cousin is an F-1 Student and is Worried About Being Able to File for Political Asylum Within One Year of Coming to the U.S. - Wonders If He Has No Hope of Filing After One Year.
2. Why Did the Family Visa Categories Go Backward So Awfully in the January 2011 Immigrant Visa Bulletin?
3. Will Paying $404 Visa Fee for My 23 Year-old Nephew Give Him an Immigrant Visa With My Brother and His Wife?
- January 2, 2011
1. Political Asylum Applicant With Court Date Next Year has Wife who Became Permanent Resident and Wants to Know Whether to Continue Court Case or Go Through Wife's Application for His Green Card.
2. U.S. Citizen in Taiwan who Married Wife in China Wants to Process Her Immigrant Visa at the AIT - What Are the Possibilities and How Long Can She Remain Overseas with the Green Card?
3. Reader Petitioning for Sister Wants to Know What Effect the Taking of Food Stamps Will Have on Sister's Immigrant Visa Application - Whether to Stop Food Stamps Now?